D&D 5E Greenwood delayed Volo's Guide to Neverwinter during to movie

R_J_K75

Legend
I'm not a big FR fan, but I'd buy a Volo's Guide to Neverwinter.
I always been a fan of Ed Greenwood's Volo's Guides in AD&D 2nd Edition so looking forward to them!
I really liked the 2E Volos Guides as well and I'll probably pick these up if they see the light of day. But as much as I like the North, (Waterdeep and Neverwinter) I just feel that theres enough products/information on these areas already. And Ormpur seems to have gotten a decent amount of content since 3E at least looking at the references on FR Wiki. I think at this point its safe to say that most areas of the Realms have been touched on at least once, whether it was an official product, web article or in Dragon or Polyhedron. Off the top of my head I can't think of any area that hasnt. I would like to see some of the lesser detailed areas get some attention, for example, Nimbral or Sembia.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I really liked the 2E Volos Guides as well and I'll probably pick these up if they see the light of day. But as much as I like the North, (Waterdeep and Neverwinter) I just feel that theres enough products/information on these areas already. And Ormpur seems to have gotten a decent amount of content since 3E at least looking at the references on FR Wiki. I think at this point its safe to say that most areas of the Realms have been touched on at least once, whether it was an official product, web article or in Dragon or Polyhedron. Off the top of my head I can't think of any area that hasnt. I would like to see some of the lesser detailed areas get some attention, for example, Nimbral or Sembia.
Greenwood put out a product on DMsGuild about the Border Kingdoma, which is their only real coverage in any Edition to my knowledge.

R_J_K75

Legend
Greenwood put out a product on DMsGuild about the Border Kingdoma, which is their only real coverage in any Edition to my knowledge.
Yeah I have it on pdf and print. You're pretty much correct besides a few blurbs in the campaign settings, but I think in 1E (maybe early 2E) there was a series of articles in Polyhedron and some 3E web articles on WotC site in the early 2000s. This link should take you to the further reading section of the Border Kingdoms entry. When I reading the DMs Guild book I looked at some of these articles and there seemed to be some overlap. Like I said earlier, Im hard pressed to think of an area that has zero written about it.

Remove ads