GREYHAWK CY 576: GREAT LEGENDS RETOLD -- CAMPAIGN THREAD

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
As you continue to concentrate for an additional 12 seconds, the auras become clearer...

On all four objects: STRONG Enchantment (Compulsion) and STRONG Transmutation.
You have a bad feeling about those magical schools in conjunction with one another.

Aust Thale

Adventurer
As you continue to concentrate for an additional 12 seconds, the auras become clearer...

On all four objects: STRONG Enchantment (Compulsion) and STRONG Transmutation.
You have a bad feeling about those magical schools in conjunction with one another.
Quixt:
These are bad juju, like the rest of this room. Let’s move along.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Hawke asks about destroying the items, but he is quickly shot down by Nimbar.

Nimbar says, "These things are Bronze, so you can't destroy them with weaponry such as ours. Their destruction will probably involve melting them down in a forge, or perhaps a strong spell that could unravel their magic. Either of those would require handling the items. And unless I miss my guess, merely touching these things might be dangerous. At least, that's the impression I get from Quixt's reaction to them. I am in agreement with Quixt, let us move on."

GM:
Which room number does the party want to explore next?

Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Quixt:
... “Don’t touch the bowl...
Sphynx looks at his friend and nods. "I am going to see if I can determine anything about the bowl. If my analysis shows me that it can be touched I will let you know what I can learn."

He will use his innate affinity with magic to analyze the bowl just as he said. If time permits he will also see what he can learn of the goblets and pitcher.
OOC: Spellcraft: d20 + 14 = 8 + 14 = 22

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Your Spellcraft check is successful; you can tell that the items are all strongly magical, and that their internal structure is strengthened (hardened) by magic; but to know what their function is, you will need to roll Knowledge Arcana, and equal or beat a DC of 25.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
You don't know exactly which spell is being used, but you feel strongly that it is detrimental to touch any of these objects. You do sense some sort of intense compulsion aura coming from all of these objects, and get the feeling like touching them would force the victim to do bad things.

OOC: Compulsion auras are often associated with mind control / involuntary behaviors, i.e., good people can be forced to do things they normally wouldn't, etc.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Exploring Room #56:

This room is a barracks; in it are four beds, and at the foot of each bed is a chest. Each bed has its own night stand next to it, and in the center of the room is a table surrounded by four chairs. On one of the chairs, you see a stack of books, whose spines are labeled in the Common tongue, and whose titles are very evil-sounding.

On the table, there are four scroll tubes, and a large sack. Also stacked up on the table are four plates, and four saucers, along with utensil service (fork, knife, and spoon) for four settings, all made of copper. Hanging on the wall, on a row of hooks near the table, are four copper cups. There are no writings or symbols on any of the dishes, leading you to believe that these are raid spoils. They are probably worth a decent amount of money, being solid copper, and being of extremely fine craftsmanship. In the large sack, you find 80 gp., and 20 pp.

The chests all contain clothing, most of it with evil-looking symbols on it, that mark them as part of a religious order. Among the clothes of each chest is a copper belt (so, 4 in total) each carved with grimacing skulls. Quixt, a quick glance in each direction reveals no magic, except for the obvious, which are the 4 scrolls on the table.

The room is otherwise empty.

About a minute after the party quietly enters the room, they begin to hear voices outside in the hallway! It sounds like a couple of people, casually talking! You cannot make out what they are saying.

D5B991A7-49D4-402B-9028-2D7E21E9BDC6.png

EVERYONE: What do you do?

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
GM:
As per our LINE chat conversation: MacConnell:"Suggest Hawke sit at the table; Sphynx will press against the wall near enough to the door to affect a sneak attack but far enough to not trigger peripheral vision."

Hawke does not sit at the table, but he does nod silently in acknowledgement, and stands in front of the table perfectly still and silent. Nimbar does the same, as does Quixt. Sphynx moves toward the door to listen.

Sphynx's Listen check: CoyoteCode Dice Roller
Success!

Sphynx you hear two voices, just outside the door, conversing in a casual, non-excited tone. You can now hear them clearly, although they are speaking in a language that you do not understand; the language seems to be a form of Draconic, but you can only understand about 2% of the words being spoken: "...not...yet, she... blood... coming... moon..." The words are more of a hissing, or rasping sound, with a sinister tone that isn't present in the Draconic tongue. It's more visceral.

SPHYNX: What do you do?

Remove ads