• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hair spray and spandex did mix for a time...

Who rocks harder?

• Warrant! She's my cherry pie and such...

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Skid Row! 18 and Life...Wasted Time....

Votes: 26 40.6%
  • Hey, you're just trying to learn how to make polls, aren't you? (Well, yeah...but vote anyway!)

Votes: 24 37.5%

Warrior Poet

Explorer
Cthulhu's Librarian said:
Nah, Nikki Sixx set his hair on fire one time onstage, back when Motley Crue was making a name for themselves. He used to light his pants on fire, and one day used too much of the gel and it lit him up.
How the man is still alive today is beyond me. I mean, he's already died once that I've heard of! Yikes!

Warrior Poet

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Nah, Nikki Sixx set his hair on fire one time onstage, back when Motley Crue was making a name for themselves. He used to light his pants on fire, and one day used too much of the gel and it lit him up.

Then there was that guy who lit his crotch up with a botched spark display that went wrong.... Those guys.... messing around with vital body parts like that....

Zakath429

First Post
I am sorry, yes in the 80's I was a metalhead, but I was not really into the Hair Band thing. I have to agree with the vocal majority in this thread and go with Irom Maiden. Most of the hair bands were a group of minimal talent people with a good-looking male frontman. If you want talent, try bands like Maiden, Man-o-War, Saxon, S.O.D., Anthrax, Metallica, Ozzy, and AC/DC.

Warrior Poet

Explorer
Zakath429 said:
I am sorry, yes in the 80's I was a metalhead
Nothing to apologize for.

Zakath429 said:
I have to agree with the vocal majority in this thread and go with Irom Maiden.
[Bruce Dickinson] Scream for me, EN World! [/Bruce Dickinson]

Keep on rockin' in the free world,

Warrior Poet

Zakath429 said:
I am sorry, yes in the 80's I was a metalhead, but I was not really into the Hair Band thing.

From the sounds of things, lots of people were! :cool:

I was a metalhead, but not really into hair metal, just saw lots of shows and dated lots of girls who were. I was into Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, Metallica, Maiden, and even some of the darker stuff like Cannible Corpse and Morbid Angel for a while. Then I got into punk, and metal took a backseat for a long time. It's just been the past few years that I've been getting back into metal. I'm not sure what I missed during the decade or so that I was out of the scene, but from alot of what I've heard, not much. I was severely disappointed with the bands that played on Ozzfest this year, to me the only band with any talent on either stage was Iron Maiden.

Warrior Poet

Explorer
From the sounds of things, lots of people were! :cool:
Whaddayamean "were"?! ;)

I was severely disappointed with the bands that played on Ozzfest this year, to me the only band with any talent on either stage was Iron Maiden.
From what I heard, Sharon Osbourne wouldn't agree with you on that. ;)

But knowing Maiden, I bet they rocked the hell out of everyone else who showed up. According to some of the reviews I read, they did so even when the power was "mysteriously" cut off on them at some point.

Up the Irons!

Warrior Poet

Warrior Poet said:
Whaddayamean "were"?! ;)

...and are.
happy now? ;)

Warrior Poet said:
From what I heard, Sharon Osbourne wouldn't agree with you on that. ;)

But knowing Maiden, I bet they rocked the hell out of everyone else who showed up. According to some of the reviews I read, they did so even when the power was "mysteriously" cut off on them at some point.

Yeah, that apparently happened on the last night they played. Members of other bands roadcrews rushing the stage, other band members throwing stuff at them, cutting the power, and Kelly and Sharons voices chanting "Ozzy" while Maiden was playing. I guess they didn't like seeing all the Maiden fans leaving the venues after their set before Sabbath came on. From what I heard (we left before Sabbath played) Ozzy was awful just about every night of the tour, and the high point was definitly Maiden's set.

Warrior Poet

Explorer
I guess they didn't like seeing all the Maiden fans leaving the venues after their set before Sabbath came on.
I read an account that said Maiden converted a whole bunch of new fans at that show, which probably was salt in the wound for Sharon.

From what I heard (we left before Sabbath played) Ozzy was awful just about every night of the tour, and the high point was definitly Maiden's set.
It's sad. In their heyday, I bet Sabbath was an awesome show, and at the height of his solo career, I bet a full-on Ozzy show (with Randy Rhoads) was great, too. I think the years (and the, uh, recreational experimentation) have really taken their toll. He'll always be an icon in music, but . . . .

I wonder if a lot of the younger fans recognize Iommi, Butler, and Ward, and the contribution that terrible trio made to the drudging, hell-born sound that was Sabbath.

Warrior Poet

Warrior Poet said:
It's sad. In their heyday, I bet Sabbath was an awesome show, and at the height of his solo career, I bet a full-on Ozzy show (with Randy Rhoads) was great, too. I think the years (and the, uh, recreational experimentation) have really taken their toll. He'll always be an icon in music, but . . . .

I'm sure they were excellent in their peak. I saw Ozzy around 90-91, and even then, I thought that he was wasted and burned out. Not a bad show, but certainly not what I expected to see from someone of his stature. That was with the band with Zack Wylde and Geezer Butler. They were definitly the driving force behind the music, as Ozzy spent much of the show running around, waving his hands in the air, and throwing buckets of water on the crowd. I was floored by how many songs he either blew the lyrics to or just forgot to finish singing while the band kept on playing.
rolleyes.gif

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads