• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hair spray and spandex did mix for a time...

Who rocks harder?

• Warrant! She's my cherry pie and such...

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Skid Row! 18 and Life...Wasted Time....

Votes: 26 40.6%
  • Hey, you're just trying to learn how to make polls, aren't you? (Well, yeah...but vote anyway!)

Votes: 24 37.5%

Henry

Autoexreginated
*Henry, neophyte rocker from the 80's, sits down and takes notes as in a lecture hall*

As someone who only caught the tail end of Metal and Hair Band popularity, the origins are fascinating to me.

Cthulhu's Librarian said:
Sure, I'll go with godfathers of hair metal. And you are far from the only one taking it too seriously. I mean, come on, I actually went and looked up the dates of the New York Dolls...
heavy.gif
I knew I liked you for a reason!!!! :D

Henry said:
*Henry, neophyte rocker from the 80's, sits down and takes notes as in a lecture hall*

As someone who only caught the tail end of Metal and Hair Band popularity, the origins are fascinating to me.
It's ok, Henry, I'm a lot younger than I sound, but I have a whole lot of "professional" experience far beyond my years. I was playing dives by the time I was 13 and have backed up a couple of "name" groups (that I can't mention here due to professional courtesy) on more than a few occasions. If you want to take notes, I'll be glad to play professor.

diaglo

Adventurer
Seule said:
Queensryche had only one good album. It's an extremely good album, but still, only one does not qualify them to be in the same category as some of the other bands mentioned.
still didn't stop some of us from going to see them at smaller venues.

diaglo "Hammerjacks in Bawlmore, Hon" Ooi

Ok - it's time to stop dissing Queensryche...

Yes Promised Land was a sorry album, but The Warning, Operation: Mindcrime, Empire and to an extent, Rage for Order are all excellent albums. Even Queen of the Reich is decent and a whole heck of a lot better than anything put out during the grunge era - music died in 1992.... I'll agree about Promised Land but, then a gain, they really didn't have a lot of creative input into that album - the record company suits wanted them to release a "radio friendly" album with hopes that they could recreate Empire. Unfortunately in the music business you do what your production comapny wants, because that's who spends the money (and you can trust me on that...)

Ranger REG said:
IIRC, the only hair that got ignited back then was Michael Jackson, during the rehearsal of the Jackson Five reunion tour.

Nah, Nikki Sixx set his hair on fire one time onstage, back when Motley Crue was making a name for themselves. He used to light his pants on fire, and one day used too much of the gel and it lit him up.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads