• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hair spray and spandex did mix for a time...

Who rocks harder?

• Warrant! She's my cherry pie and such...

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Skid Row! 18 and Life...Wasted Time....

Votes: 26 40.6%
  • Hey, you're just trying to learn how to make polls, aren't you? (Well, yeah...but vote anyway!)

Votes: 24 37.5%

Seule said:
Has anyone considered Billy Idol?
I have indeed, but I don't think he really qualifies as the same type of music either. Back when he was with Gen X, before going solo, he was considered pretty prototypical punk, after all, and later he became pretty "pop rock" rather than the rather specialized genre of "big hair metal band."

But yeah, Idol is one of my favorite rock-outfits from the 80s.

freebfrost

Explorer
Cthulhu's Librarian said:
Although I must say, when I did see Skid Row, they weren't bad. And they at least had the decency to bring Pantara along to open for them.
Skid Row did put on a good show.

However, Maiden always put on an *awesome* show... :)

freebfrost said:
Skid Row did put on a good show.

However, Maiden always put on an *awesome* show... :)
I never liked Maiden. Maybe I should turn in my D&D Players Badge, because I'm not really that much of a metal fan anyway. I like some of the 80s stuff, but only for the nostalgia, not because I think it's really great music. I was more into the New Wave stuff.

I should probably play Vampire or Wraeththu or something sissy like that. :heh:

freebfrost

Explorer
Seule said:
Queensryche had only one good album. It's an extremely good album, but still, only one does not qualify them to be in the same category as some of the other bands mentioned.
Let me guess - Empire? (Youngsters! Makes us old metalheads shake our heads... ;) )

The Warning exemplified their best long before commericalism took hold of them, and build upon their EP's sound and style immensely. I'd put it just a notch above Rage for Order, which was a bit more polished, but not as intense.

Tribe has been their best effort in years, and its nice to hear DeGarmo again.

YMMV.

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
freebfrost said:
Let me guess - Empire? (Youngsters! Makes us old metalheads shake our heads... ;) )

The Warning exemplified their best long before commericalism took hold of them, and build upon their EP's sound and style immensely. I'd put it just a notch above Rage for Order, which was a bit more polished, but not as intense./QUOTE]

I agree. The Warning is a great album, and Rage for Order may be just about my favorite out of their discography. I saw them with Maiden in 2000, and was blown away. Geoff Tate's vocals just soared live.

FickleGM

Explorer
Wow, not the best selection, but I heard that Sebastian Bach punched out Bon Jovi at one time and my wife loves Bon Jovi, so I voted for Skid Row.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads