D&D 4E Halivar's 4E auto-calculating character sheet v.2.03 (OpenOffice, Excel & blank PDF)

Obryn

Hero
This is great!

I mean, I'm waiting in eager anticipation for a 4e HeroForge - but this looks like an excellent, simple way to put together character sheets.

-O

Belorin

Explorer
Great sheet! took a bit of exploring to find some stuff, but I did find it.
Just a couple of minor things, the number of healing surges is class plus con mod, not con, so the formula should be; =DATA!D34+Z33.
Also surge value is one quarter of max hit points so I input the formula =ROUNDDOWN(B52/4,0).
Keep up the good work!

Bel

Darkthorne

First Post
Weapon Damage Field

Halivar,
In you weapon damage field if you merge the 3 cell sections you can put in a single formula (this does not include something else I am seeing in error, but gets rid of the "None" choice in case the field is left blank)
=IF(BL63="","",CONCATENATE(INDEX(AtkPwrStats,MATCH(BL63,AtkPwrNames,0),7),"+",INDEX(AtkPwrStats,MATCH(BL63,AtkPwrNames,0),8)))

Also the error I am seeing is that the total bonus on the Charsheet1 does not include the proficiency as well

Halivar

First Post
mattdm said:
Are there any rules to support this? It seems like a lot of wasted space....
It was a section for speculation. I know the DMG has rules for a mount, but if it's not necessary I can take it out. Any suggestions on what to put in its place?

mattdm

First Post
Halivar said:
It was a section for speculation. I know the DMG has rules for a mount, but if it's not necessary I can take it out. Any suggestions on what to put in its place?

I really like the "triggers" idea someone had — a quick reference list of "remember that if this happens, you can do this".

VoidAdept

First Post
Great sheet, Halivar!

Shouldn't the max hp calculation be =DATA.B34+C33+(AH9-1)*DATA.C34 ? Otherwise, it adds an extra level's worth of hp.

Last edited:

Milo Taproot

First Post
My Version of the Charsheet

First, I must thank Halivar,without his sheet this heavily modified version would not exist! Also I need to thank Darkthorne ,his racemod example gave me an idea for how I wanted to handle things as well as provided me with a bit of raw data.

I knew to help my group out I wanted to use a excel based character sheet, one that did some auto calculation and auto filling. So I started some work it was functional but rough and not nice to look at. Then I saw Halivar's sheet, and I knew it would be a good template to build off of.

Over the next couple of days, this silly sheet has been taunting me. Each time I think I am done something else pops up. So now, while I still have several more features I would like to add, I need to stop and get the sheet out to my group. Figured this would be a perfect time to also share back to everyone here.

Notes:
  • In an attempt to keep things from accidentally being broken during normal use, I have hidden the data sheets, and protected cells that should auto fill/calculate.
  • The password = test , if you want to make changes or see how I did things. I just ask that If you find any major breaking bugs please reply and let me know.
  • And finally remember this is a work in progress. :)

Attachments

• D&D4e CharacterSheet_v1.8.xls.zip
    246.5 KB · Views: 103

Milo Taproot said:
First, I must thank Halivar,without his sheet this heavily modified version would not exist! Also I need to thank Darkthorne ,his racemod example gave me an idea for how I wanted to handle things as well as provided me with a bit of raw data.

I knew to help my group out I wanted to use a excel based character sheet, one that did some auto calculation and auto filling. So I started some work it was functional but rough and not nice to look at. Then I saw Halivar's sheet, and I knew it would be a good template to build off of.

Over the next couple of days, this silly sheet has been taunting me. Each time I think I am done something else pops up. So now, while I still have several more features I would like to add, I need to stop and get the sheet out to my group. Figured this would be a perfect time to also share back to everyone here.

Notes:
  • In an attempt to keep things from accidentally being broken during normal use, I have hidden the data sheets, and protected cells that should auto fill/calculate.
  • The password = test , if you want to make changes or see how I did things. I just ask that If you find any major breaking bugs please reply and let me know.
  • And finally remember this is a work in progress. :)

Noticed one thing already: if you're a ranger w/ 2-weapon style, you get toughness as a bonus feat, and it doesn't add in the additional 5 HP, and it can't be added manually either.

Halivar

First Post
Milo Taproot, I am so stealing your Powers Index. I think that this, in conjunction with Power Cards from the other thread, will be sufficient for 2.0. I plan on putting it out tomorrow.

Also, I need to put in a "Toughness" field that holds the number of times that feat has been taken.

Milo Taproot

First Post
I don't currently do not do any calculations with any feats, including those granted by classes. This does expose a bigger issue, I do not have any place in the the HP section to allow for a player to manually entered bonuses that can then be can be calculated in to the totals.

Adding in a sub-selection for class styles (fighter, ranger, wizard implement mastery, warlock pact) , and either displaying or calculating in bonuses granted, by them is something I am considering for my next version. Though adding in selections for feats and calculations for their granted bonuses, might be outside the amount of work I am willing to to. as is powers selection.

My Powers index is a modified version of yours. :)

There was a brief moment when I thought I would enter in all the powers data and was going to re-work that whole section. But then I decided that for now I would simply stick to players manually entering names of powers into the sheet, and use the powers cards I have already made with MSE. They will not be be auto calculated, but all my players can handle much more complex math that that required of the cards.

of course, if someone were to do all the data entry, I might have to find a way to merge that data into my sheet.

Darkthorne

First Post
Halivar/Milo,
Ok, I'm not sure that Toughness can be taken more than once HOWEVER the formula adjustment for hp would be (having your feat section named "Feats" and add this to the end of your hp formula) +countif(Feats,"Toughness")*if(level>20,15,if(level>10,10,5)). That should work. I am working on my own version that SO not close to being done (90% format done, more than 50% hidden filler needed)

Darkthorne

First Post
Milo,
Your Welcome btw. Also you can do conditional formatting for the fields they need to update where cell="" then your formatting happens, however you do have to go back in and delete all the extra " that you did not put in. IF you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Lysis

First Post
Thank's for this great tool Halivar, and everyone running it through its paces!

Found one thing, that for Ranged weapons the attribute defaults to Str instead of Dex.

VoidAdept

First Post
Actually, the ACPs for plate armor and heavy shields are off, too. I'm also getting #REF errors on the 1st page when trying to place a thrown dagger in the attack section.

(I'm using the OpenOffice version, if that helps.)

Advertisement2

Advertisement4