D&D 4E Halivar's 4E auto-calculating character sheet v.2.03 (OpenOffice, Excel & blank PDF)

Halivar

First Post
Thanks Colawley. Your formulas looks just like the ones in my development version, except for the class formulas: I used a range lookup, so you can actually add new classes to the data table on separate "Data" sheet, and it will get added to the drop-down automatically (along with the appropriate values being shoved into the calculations for other fields).

What's the hold up with 2.0? Well, I am waiting to get my copy of the PHB to get the appropriate values for weapons + armor for drop-downs. I am not going to reference the PDF's for this task (as I am not downloading it), so 2.0 is going to have to wait for at least another week until my Amazon pre-order shows up.

I was going to try and teach myself how to do all of this in excel, but I'll just wait for yours, as it's much better than what I could do.

Question though, are you going to make race, class, etc. drop down boxes?

Darkthorne

First Post
Stat mod error

Halivar,you want to change the formula in cell R30 to "=rounddown((c30/2),0)-5" A 9 in a stat should be -1 mod. Also for the armor I would do a hidden sheet so when the armor is chosen it (cell) populates either light or heavy, name the range (for this example "armortypechosen") so the formula would read =if(armortypechosen="Light",Max(DexMod,IntMod),0). As you can see I'm BIG into named ranges. The other reason for this (pardon me if you already know) if you decide to alter later less chance of you screwing up a formula and having to research the spreadsheet over. BTW Looks very nice!

Darkthorne

First Post
One more ting!

If you created a seperate sheet for powers, you could use conditional formatting to color code each power as their proper color type

Halivar

First Post
Thanks for the stat formula help, Darkthorne. As for the range lookups, you're clairevoyant because that's how I have them implemented in v.2.0, mostly for the ease of updating.

Darkthorne

First Post
Your Welcome. I figured going with "light","Heavy" bit may help if a modifier does not always work with the greater than aspect. Also are you aware you can create a "named" value for a formula? If not I can explain how to do so.

Remove ads