Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon

Part five of Astartes. The guy making the series got his hacked channel back recently (and also re-uploaded part one which he says the hacker had messed up) and has now released what he calls "the end of this chapter" which sounds like there's hope for even more in the future.

Very cool.

Did anyone hear about the man driving a train off the rails near the USNS Mercy? Apparently, he was trying to bring a conspiracy theory into the light?

Yeah I was reading about. My Sci-Fi background kicked in. I envisioned something lab creature being smuggled in.

I need a life.

Damn. Now instead of a large white ship with red cross symbols I'm seeing a white duck with black x eyes stoned on something swimming into the bay with the train crashing through the parking lots with John Corner yelling.

Again- I need a life.

Are any of you guys knowledgeable about plumbing and related stuff? I'm looking at water pressure and if it can gradually lower or of it's a on/off type of thing for my fictional diary.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Normally , in a hydrolic system the static, level condition is the same water pressure at all points of the closed system.

Having said that, I would have to add the point after a pressure regulator would then be a new closed system as it has its own presssure levels and rate of flow.

I offer this as my expiriance: As an electrician, I had the duty to connect a fire suppression system to an alarm box from the water pressure sensors. A condition that was not anticipated was that the pressure was at 130 or 150 psi (been too long ago) and the alarm triggers at 30 psi. The pressure had to reduce to a level below 30 psi which would normally not be a problem, except gravity also has an effect. the 3-plex was at the bottom of a his which allowed the effect of gravity to become a factor.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Well...POOP!

We have a leak under our slab. Like the one from @5 years ago, it’s a hot water pipe under the middle of the house. We can’t do anything about it just yet because THIS one is under our utility room, which houses our washer, dryer...and 2nd fridge. That fridge is an integral part of our pandemic stockpile.

And because of the lockdown, we might not be able to go to a laundromat (probably closed), hotel, or kennel the dogs while the work is being done. Not to mention the whole shopping to replace the tile that would be needed to start the post-leak repair reflooring.

Still, better THIS cross to bear than someone “gettin’ the ‘Rona.”

(Always, always, always counting the blessings.)

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
“gettin’ the ‘Rona.”
Should be on a tee shirt.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can resolve it soon. Are hotels shut down? If not they may be grateful and offer deep discounts if you stay. Laundromats should be open. They could limit occupancy. Getting it all done will require more working the phone than normal, but could be done, I would think.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
We’ll see. Just got the news shortly before posting my kvetch, so haven’t had a lot of time to look around.

Not that we’re in a big hurry. Even though the leak is no joke and needs to be taken care of, it’s going to take us a lot of time to eat down the stuff in the fridge & freezer.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Are any of you guys knowledgeable about plumbing and related stuff? I'm looking at water pressure and if it can gradually lower or of it's a on/off type of thing for my fictional diary.
You mean like the pressure from your shower or faucets if a reservoir fails? It really depends where the water comes from, but for practical purposes the pressure dies pretty quick. If it is a water tower, the pressure does go down gradually, but it still happens within minutes when the tower is empty. You won’t really notice the pressure drop until the tower empties. If it is pumped, the pressure dies as soon as the pumps die.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
We’ll see. Just got the news shortly before posting my kvetch, so haven’t had a lot of time to look around.

Not that we’re in a big hurry. Even though the leak is no joke and needs to be taken care of, it’s going to take us a lot of time to eat down the stuff in the fridge & freezer.
This could be an interesting thing to follow. We'll get to see the impact of the pandemic in another aspect of life few think of. A lesson for us all. I hate that it's happening to you.

Remove ads