Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
“For want of a nail, the war was lost.”

People don’t think of their cities as ecosystems, and what that REALLY means. Every once in a while, we get reminders about how interconnected we all are, but we quickly forget.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Well...POOP!

We have a leak under our slab. Like the one from @5 years ago, it’s a hot water pipe under the middle of the house. We can’t do anything about it just yet because THIS one is under our utility room, which houses our washer, dryer...and 2nd fridge. That fridge is an integral part of our pandemic stockpile.

And because of the lockdown, we might not be able to go to a laundromat (probably closed), hotel, or kennel the dogs while the work is being done. Not to mention the whole shopping to replace the tile that would be needed to start the post-leak repair reflooring.

Still, better THIS cross to bear than someone “gettin’ the ‘Rona.”

(Always, always, always counting the blessings.)
We nhave a few laundromats that are counted as Essential and open 24/7

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
“For want of a nail, the war was lost.”

People don’t think of their cities as ecosystems, and what that REALLY means. Every once in a while, we get reminders about how interconnected we all are, but we quickly forget.
It's a fine line between parasitic and symbiotic. Many strive for a symbiotic relationship, but some want more than their share. It throws off the balance. Parity is hard to achieve, because so many think they're superior. The needs of the many.....gets thrown out the window in times of panic.

One day we will find that balance. We'll find parity. I don't think you'll have to give up individuality or freedom to achieve it. That's one fear that holds many back.

Day five:Well, I took a large gym bag with me back to Jim's house. I covered my mouth and nose with a bandanna. I wait till dark before making my trip. I didn't brother with a flash light just in case anyone else was watching. Jim had a full pantry of canned goods,things like soups,vegetables etc. I grabbed as much as I could fit in the bag before looking around the rest of his house making a mental list of what to grab on my next trip. I found the downstairs door locked,which puzzled me since it was his game room/man cave from when he was married. I wondered where the key was and what was down there that required the door to be locked. I'll have to risk a trip during the day and look around for the key.

:

Hopefully writing this will keep my sane,so here we go. It's been about three or four months since this all started. We all mocked those who grabbed the TP,and then laughed about the store shelves being empty due to folks getting crazy. It's also been three weeks since the last time someone from government non-military spoke to the Nation. That was when Martial law was declared, followed by all over seas troops being brought home,along with giving all over sea Americans a deadline of 24 hours to get to the nearest embassy/consult or be left in whichever country they are in. Luckily, the power hasn't gone out or or at least it hasn't here. There's rumors from both coast that barges are being taken out to the oceans filled with bodies and then coming back empty. I still have enough food to last a few more weeks,but I may have to go and scavenge after my supply runs out. I haven't heard gun shots yet,just the occasional siren. I'll write more later if I can.

:

I decided i'd keep count of the days by counting form when i started this diary,it seemed easier than anything else. The days sort of blend together at this point. I did hear a window break,so I looked out my front window and saw someone stealing a neighbor's car. I attempted to call 911,but all I got was an automated message about them being overwhelmed and what do to do if I suspect I have the virus. I don't even even know if the neighbors are still alive or what. I might attempt to go over there and check. I have been noticing that some websites are starting to turn into 401 errors. That's it for now.

:
I was going to go over to my neighbor's house to check on them but then I saw some military vehicles drive down my street from my window so I watched t them instead. I'm not sure where they were heading to, but they did have at least four dump trucks with them. I'm pretty sure they were loaded with dead bodies. Before the media clamp down, they were saying that the virus seems to have mutated into a deadlier form. Twitter and other social sites have posted notices about outages due to power/server issues. Frankly, i'm surprised that the government hasn't attempted to shut them down, hell i'm not even sure if they can do that. My lights did flicker a bit, but I'm not that worry since I have solar and a storage system along a back up generator.

Well, I went over to my neighbor's house across the street,knocked a few times,pushed the door bell but no one answered. I then checked to see if the front door was locked. It was,so I went around back and found that they had been broken into. The door was opened a bit,so I walked in and was assaulted by the smell of death. I almost threw up. After finding a wash cloth to hold to my nose in hopes of keeping the smell at bay I looked around for the source. I found Jim's body slumped against the wall next to the front door with several bullet holes in it and his tv and other electronics missing. While thinking back on the good times I had had with him, he made some killer ribs, I decided that I would head back to my house and find a better way to cover my face before looking for any supplies. Before I left back the way I came, I unlocked the front door and found a sink plug,so I plugged the empty kitchen sink up and filled it up. This was done so,i could come back with any empty bottle and fill them up with water before the water pressure stopped.

Rorschach Journal 2.jpg

Mad_Jack

Legend
Found out that Honor Blackman passed away... RIP Pussy Galore and Mrs. Cathy Gale from The Avengers.

Also came home from work today to find my neighbor-diagonally-across-the-street's family gathered together out in his front yard. Thought they might be having a birthday party or something, but then one of the kid's wives came over to tell me that the old guy had been given last rites and brought home to be with family. He went into the hospital for four days with pneumonia, but there was nothing more they could do for him so they sent him home.

I've literally known that guy my entire life... His kids were ten or twelve years older than me, but I watched his grandkids grow up from the time they were born (one of his granddaughters was almost born in our swimming pool) and now one of the branddaughters is 30 and getting married in September. We weren't close or anything (he's five years older than my dad), but we waved across the street at each other, he'd ask how my old man was doing, we'd borrow tools from each other, and sometimes in the winters when I'd be getting ready to go out and shovel the driveway I'd see him out there on his little tractor plowing it for me, or I'd go over there when his wife was shovelling the sidewalk and clear it for her.
Dammit, I liked that old guy.
I called my father to let him know, but he wasn't picking up so I left a message.

Remove ads