Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
My job requires us to wear masks - we're a pharmaceuticals company, so half the time I was already wearing arm sleeves, beard guard and hair net anyway.
Now, with the bandana I wear, I at least don't have to deal with the crappy bead guards anymore.

Also, my bandana is black and covered in skulls, so it tends to keep people the required six feet away.
(Not that I needed help - on a good day I look like a crazed axe murderer, lol.)
However, I really do want to get a couple of shirts made up that say: "Get within 6ft. and I'll piss on your shoes..."

On a personal note, there have been about 1000 cases and several deaths in my county, so I'll be wearing that bandana for the foreseeable future until there are no more new cases in the state of CT.
How about: “Beware My Blood Circle!”

Mad_Jack

Legend
Mage Hand:

The first answer is yes if the crossbow in question is unattended, but if somebody's holding it then that's up to the DM - traditionally, that's always sort of been where the line was drawn as far as the power of the spell: affecting an object that a hostile creature is holding is edging pretty close to MH's "no attack" clause, which is why most DM's require at least some sort of opposed roll to do so. In 3.5, one of the prestige classes or splatbook classes (Spellthief, I think?) actually had a class ability to be able to use their Sleight of Hand skill with MH to pickpocket things at range.
The second answer is definitely a DM call. The general consensus on the official D&D forums was that MH by itself wasn't enough to impose any sort of mechanical penalty, but there were always ways around that - have the MH hold a mirror and reflect light into their eyes, wave a brightly-colored object in front of their face, etc., most of which usually required some sort of opposed roll.
My personal favorite, however, was having the MH hold a lit torch in front of the guy's face... Hard for the DM to argue with that one... :cool:

Mad_Jack

Legend
How about: “Beware My Blood Circle!”

From Wikipedia:

"The circle is found by holding the blade of the cutting instrument (never the handle) in the hand used for cutting, and slowly swinging the arm in a 360° arc. The far end of the handle marks the limits of the circle. Any person or thing within this circle is considered to be at risk of being wounded by a slip of the blade. that gets whacked by the handle in the process was clearly within the circle."

:p

Sadly at work they don't let us carry real knives... I get to use one of these for opening boxes and cutting stuff...

1593300704261.jpeg

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
From Wikipedia:

"The circle is found by holding the blade of the cutting instrument (never the handle) in the hand used for cutting, and slowly swinging the arm in a 360° arc. The far end of the handle marks the limits of the circle. Any person or thing within this circle is considered to be at risk of being wounded by a slip of the blade. that gets whacked by the handle in the process was clearly within the circle."

:p

Sadly at work they don't let us carry real knives... I get to use one of these for opening boxes and cutting stuff...

View attachment 123251

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Another D&D podcast I listen to is D&D Minus. It's one of several podcasts this group does. Their other shows are forbidden here. But their game is more like the ones I've played in. The one girls tries to actually play while the guys just wanna goof off and kill stuff. One plays a gnome with a Southern accent. While the player is currently in Georgia he's not Southern himself. I do like the idea of redneck gnomes. Gives new meaning to redneck engineering. His idea of a distraction was to jump on the table in the inn and whip is peener out. It's very much a group of friends sitting around the table playing the game.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Gnomes running moonshine has a good sound to it! Especially if actual distilled moonlight is involved.

Thinking further...it’s the kind of idea that would appeal to players who like races like kender, without actually giving support to disruptive actions like stealing from the party because “it’s what I’m supposed to do!”

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Gnomes running moonshine has a good sound to it! Especially if actual distilled moonlight is involved.

Thinking further...it’s the kind of idea that would appeal to players who like races like kender, without actually giving support to disruptive actions like stealing from the party because “it’s what I’m supposed to do!”
I'd picture it more like lightning in a jar. "It could be a battery or a refreshing beverage. We haven't determined that yet."

Remove ads