• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.

These are pretty cool.

131338346_10158917976919764_9191905954233890543_o (2).jpg
Mail call

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Ahsoka is one thing, replacing established characters is another. Female leads are fine, but the latest trend replacing men just for the hell of it is problematic.
I agree. I definitely have no issues with female leads, but when they do things like Ghostbusters, it just ruins it. It becomes something other than "women kickass too": it becomes a statement and usually in those cases it is nothing more than that and becomes something unwatchable. I actually like Kate McKinnon and Kristen Wiig wasn't bad. Melissa McCarthy to me has been very hit or miss and this I felt she was a miss and I in general can't stand Leslie Jones. I feel like she has one character and that's really all she does. But the movie itself was mediocre at best because the focus was less on the movie being good and more on making a statement.

And I had no problems with Rey being the main character in the newest Star Wars trilogy, but they did a horrible time making her character. I liked Felicity Jones in Rogue One though. I felt they did her character well. Maybe it's just hard for lots of people to write women that are something besides the femme fatale or trying to make a statement (in the action/sci fi/fantasy genres particularly).

Has anyone ever seen the menwritingwomen subreddit? I admit I am not perfect, but yeah, reading some of those (and many by main published authors) makes you understand why there haven't been that many GOOD female main character movies.

Aeson

That's my thoughts exactly. I think the upcoming Ghostbusters may be the better way to handle it, with the originals as mentors.
Han, Leia, and Luke could have been used better in this aspect. Han feels he failed Ben, sees Finn as another chance at it. Leia lamented not having enough leaders but never really got a chance to cultivate new ones. Luke should have just smacked Kylo Ren down.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Aeson

I inserted Christmas cards in with the newspaper this week. I already got cards in return. One with a $100 check. It's the most I've gotten this year so far or last year. Last year I got around $500 in cash, checks, and giftcards. I'm already up to $150 this year. The card with $5 means a lot though. It means that's all she could afford. It's the first but won't be the last. They give what they can to show their appreciation, and I appreciate that.

I thought this was funny. I typed , and ,and the phone predictions suggested "because...Freedom." I have no idea where that came from, but the sentence would have looked like this. "They give what they can to show their appreciation, and because....Freedom" LOL

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
How to find a lost inspiration? We’ve not played in couple of months. I’d really like to run a game, but I can’t find an inspiration to write the next adventure. The pc’s took a random teleport last time and are now in Kara-Tur. I don’t know what to do with that...

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Oo, a Seven Samurai scenario! Nice one, yeah, that’ll do. Inspiration found!

Yeah, not what you said, but that’s what I read from your reply 😂

Aeson

I was going for Great Wall. I thought Seven Samuri might have been too obvious. If you haven't seen it Great Wall is not good but can be inspirational. I LOVE the armor.

the-great-wall.jpg

Remove ads