• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

what he's supposed to look like
Codsworth01.jpg
how the following happened I have no idea and don't care either it's too funny to change
68F9PcS.png
for added luls here's what he sounds like

Last edited:

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
That's as bad as Bane in The Dark Knight Rises. Doesn't match at all. Maybe he should sound more like B.O.B.

The Black Hole. One of the best scifi movies ever.

Aeson

I pull up to one of the gas stations I deliver to and see someone doing the pee pee dance in front of the news rack. I go in and see it a woman. She has her hand in a chip bag while doing her little dance. I couldn't understand anything she said.
I talked to the manager. She had said she was released from jail and got someone to drop her off there. The police had talked her because she had gone outside and into the street. They said they couldn't do anything so they left her at the gas station. She'd been hanging out there since at least 9:30 pm, about 6 hours.

I hate that the police have nowhere to take someone like her. I would have taken her to help me with my routes to get her away from the gas station. But in the end I can't do anything to help either. My heart aches for her. 🥺

Aeson

I don't know what the young lady's situation was. The manager thought that she was just another tweaker. I believe if she was on drugs the police probably would have taken her in. Where I live they don't believe in decriminalizing anything. I wonder if she was having a mental health problem.Regardless of what her problem was, no one had the capacity to help. The police either didn't want to or couldn't. My money's on didn't want to. Having a social worker or mental health expert they can call on 24/7 could go a long way to help in these situations. I said something in the previous post about taking her with me because something the manager had said. He said she had tried to help them in the store. He gestured toward the icecream toppings bar and she had arranged it for them. My thought after the fact was maybe I could have given her something to focus her mind on for a time and get her away from the store. In a couple of hours it would have been very busy and chaotic. That probably wouldn't have helped her mental state. But in reality what could I have done after my route was over? IF she had somewhere to go she should have been dropped of there and not a gas station. I couldn't bring her home. I know of only one shelter and I don't know if I could have dropped her off there at 6am. It's shameful how the mentally ill and/or drug addicts are treated. I don't know what I could have done. In the end leaving her there was the only real option. Can I ask how she might have been treated in this situation in Sweden or Finland?

Sorry, but clearly this has struck me. I needed to share. It's probably a tl;dr but I hope not.

Ulfgeir

Hero
I don't know what the young lady's situation was. The manager thought that she was just another tweaker. I believe if she was on drugs the police probably would have taken her in. Where I live they don't believe in decriminalizing anything. I wonder if she was having a mental health problem.Regardless of what her problem was, no one had the capacity to help. The police either didn't want to or couldn't. My money's on didn't want to. Having a social worker or mental health expert they can call on 24/7 could go a long way to help in these situations. I said something in the previous post about taking her with me because something the manager had said. He said she had tried to help them in the store. He gestured toward the icecream toppings bar and she had arranged it for them. My thought after the fact was maybe I could have given her something to focus her mind on for a time and get her away from the store. In a couple of hours it would have been very busy and chaotic. That probably wouldn't have helped her mental state. But in reality what could I have done after my route was over? IF she had somewhere to go she should have been dropped of there and not a gas station. I couldn't bring her home. I know of only one shelter and I don't know if I could have dropped her off there at 6am. It's shameful how the mentally ill and/or drug addicts are treated. I don't know what I could have done. In the end leaving her there was the only real option. Can I ask how she might have been treated in this situation in Sweden or Finland?

Sorry, but clearly this has struck me. I needed to share. It's probably a tl;dr but I hope not.
Not sure. I belive that if she was considered to be a danger to herself or others then the police would pick her up and take her to the "psych-department" at the hospital for an evaluation. One of the guys in my gaming group is a psychologist, so he sees his fair share of people with mental problems. If on drugs, then either a trip to the hospital or a holding cell down at the police.

She might have been pointed to a shelter, but again no idea. I know there are supposed to be some, but I have absolutely no idea where they are.

Most likely scenario though, if it was a place with private security, they would ask her to leave the premises, and thus becoming someone elses problem.

Aeson

Is homelessness a big problem there like it is here? You mentioned shelters but not sure where to find one. Sounds like for the most part the situation would be handled the same.

Aeson

I was surprised to hear even Tokyo has homeless. For some reason I expected the more socially advanced countries like Sweden and Japan to have the homeless sorted out.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads