Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The book thread got me thinking - what were y'all doing in 1981?
I started 4th grade in the fall of that year.
I was in my first freshman year of HS.

To clarify: I was an army brat and actually a year underage for the school system I was in at that time, but I had already graduated 8th grade, soooooo…

But we moved in 1982, and instead of simply enrolling me in the local public HS as a sophomore, my parents had me tested at a private school. I passed their admissions test, but their curriculum was such that I only qualified as an entering freshman. I saw the opportunity- I volunteered to repeat 9th grade in order to improve my educational potential. I then became the 3rd oldest in my class.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
81 would be first grade. Being 6, I don't think I was up to much else. I know by 4th and 5th grade they had created in school suspension because of me. Until they had a designated room I was put in a janitor's closet with a desk.

Mad_Jack

Legend
An Andrew "Dice" Clay joke no doubt.

He played Lady Gaga's father in A Star Is Born. He's not a bad actor. It's a shame he hadn't had more of a career.

He really backed himself into a corner career-wise because of his comedy persona - it was impossible to see him as anything else back then.

And actually, it was the joke about the frog who walks into a bank.

Did the math and yeah- 7th grade. Okay year. Had a wicked crush on Tracey Mero. I would bicycle 5+ miles one way just to walk her to school. Enjoyed comic books but didn't write and draw then for another few years. First time officially drunk at the cabin with friends. Another few years before my mental condition began. oh and grew hair in weird spots that did stranger things. Think that covers my hi lights for 81

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
He really backed himself into a corner career-wise because of his comedy persona - it was impossible to see him as anything else back then.

And actually, it was the joke about the frog who walks into a bank.
I haven't heard that joke.

Gimmicks can be a boon or a curse. Carrot Top and Gallagher come to mind. People seem them for their gimmicks more than anything else.

Remove ads