• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

I still love Paul McCartney’s story about the first time he actually felt old.

He was riding a subway somewhere, and was recognized by a young fan. She said she was a huge fan and had all of his records.

”Even The Beatles?” he asked, smiling.

Her jaw dropped open, pausing before she answered in awed tones,”You were in a band before Wings?”

Doubling down:

I was as student when a chemistry teacher told a variant of this story as a joke, but some of the other students didn't get it. My lab partner was one of them. She knew who the Beatles were because her parents used to listen to them on the radio, and she knew McCartney's name from music class (or radio, whatever). But she had never heard of the band "Wings" before.

Tripling down:

That class was over 20 years ago.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
You know what, I don’t think I’ve heard of the Wings either. To me McCartney is a Beatle and a solo artist.

Then again, I’m really bad at modern popular music alltogether. If it’s post 1920’s I have a hard time recognising it.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I ordered this gift set from Amazon. It arrived today. 🙂 The blanket is so soft. The keychain in the product listing is a warhammer. The one that came is a flat d20. I'll get a picture later. Everything else is as listed.

Dungeons and Dragons Collector Box, D&D, by Just Funky Amazon.com

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I could lose my D&D blanket to my mom. She likes how soft and thin it is. For me it's little more than a lap blanket to keep my toes warm. She could cover up entirely with it.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
You know what, I don’t think I’ve heard of the Wings either. To me McCartney is a Beatle and a solo artist.

Then again, I’m really bad at modern popular music alltogether. If it’s post 1920’s I have a hard time recognising it.
I think I've only heard of Wings because of some similar joke... but I couldn't remember if Wings was before or after the Beetles. Hah. Clearly I a) not only enough and b) don't really listen to that style of music to be familiar enough with it.

Ulfgeir

Hero
Today was the first wordle I couldn't solve. 21 played. 1 failed, longest streak 15 (missed playing one day). Have gotten the word on the 4rth row in most cases. Never on 1 or 2.

Remove ads