Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Today was the first wordle I couldn't solve. 21 played. 1 failed, longest streak 15 (missed playing one day). Have gotten the word on the 4rth row in most cases. Never on 1 or 2.
I think I got lucky. I started with the word Route, which gave me a decent advantage. Still got it on try #4 though. My statistics are 3 - 1, 4 - 7, 5 - 1... So yeah, 4 is pretty much it for me. I feel like 1 is when you either use the same word every time and eventually that word is used... or you cheat. I saw a browser extension that basically reads the script of the page and tells you what the answer is going to be. Supposedly designed for those who "don't want to lose their streak", which is pretty bogus to me.

I'm 9 for 9. Woohoo!

Today's word is not technically dirty, but there is only one thing I think of when I see this word... and that is dirty. Hah.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Ya do whatcha got to do.

I'm not working at the moment, which kind of sucks... but that reminds me I have some homework I need to do this weekend.
Get a paper route. 😝

I got my 1099 and was surprised. 2019 was the first year. I started in June. I didn't make that much. 2020 was the first full year. I had 3 routes. 2021 started with three. About mid year I took on a 4th which was only supposed to be temporary. It's the 4th route and the sub fee that goes with it that allowed me to earn much more.
I'm grateful for it. It's allowed me to improve my situation. I'm financially stable for the first time in a long time.
I hope no one saw my post as a brag. Since I'm a contractor I may have to pay taxes on it. Last year we did standard deductions and I didn't have to pay. No refund either.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
When I was in school CRT was a standardized test all students had to take. Now they want informants to rat on teachers for administering the test. Where were these yahoos when I was in school? I hated those tests. Can I still report my teachers? I'm not sure how many are still alive but, by gum, I'll turn em in dead or alive.

My hat of CRT knows no limits. Sound off if you hated tests too. Only tests no other CRTs allowed.

Last edited:

When I was in school CRT was a standardized test all students had to take. Now they want informants to rat on teachers for administering the test. Where were these yahoos when I was in school? I hated those tests. Can I still report my teachers? I'm not sure how many are still alive but, by gum, I'll turn em in dead or alive.

My hat of CRT knows no limits. Sound off if you hated tests too. Only tests no other CRTs allowed.
hey old man, i think this is you either attempting to make a lame joke or not understanding that CRT in this case meant Critical Race Theory

Mad_Jack

Legend
Some people say they've had enough of silly love songs. I look around me and I see it isn't so. Some people wanna fill the world with silly love songs. Well what's wrong with thatm
I'd like to know? :D

I once came up with a plot for a new Kingsman movie where the villain had discovered that, back in his trippy psychedelic days with the Beatles, Paul McCartney had accidentally written a tune that was capable of sonic mind control - he'd stumbled onto a series of sound frequencies that caused anyone who heard the music to become highly suggestible.
Although the Beatles quickly realized how dangerous the tune was, and had all evidence of it destroyed, even to the extent of having used the song to erase their own memories of it, somehow the villain (a former sound engineer/crazed fan/failed musician who now runs a major record label) learns about the song and kidnaps McCartney so he can hypnotize him and get him to recreate the song.
When the Kingsmen (along with an American character from another secret agency that I created) come to rescue him, McCartney (who has no idea he's been hypnotized and forced to recreate the song) asks why he's been kidnapped and quotes that line from the song...

McCartney: "... I just want to fill the world with silly love songs. What's wrong with that?"

American: "Well, unfortunately, it's going to destroy civilization as we know it."

:cool:

Remove ads