Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Mad_Jack

Legend
Jack's thirty-five-minute drive home from work today took him ALMOST FIVE HOURS... :-S

Car lost a tire on the bridge, got hit from behind by an oil truck, 2200 gallons of flaming oil everywhere...
That bridge is part of Interstate-95, which, for those of y'all unfamiliar with the US east coast, is the main north-south interstate on the east coast which runs from Florida all the way up to Maine. 60,000 vehicles cross it every day. It's also one of only three ways to cross that river within fifty miles. A good chunk of southeastern CT (not just main roads but backroads as well) was almost completely gridlocked for half a day, and the repercussions of that accident will be felt all up and down the east coast over the next few days.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I saw something this week that really underlined the overall economic stratus of my community.

A lot of people around here hire some kind of lawn service. Typically, the crew will arrive in a truck or van towing an open grate trailer that has most of the gear on it. You know- wheelbarrows, hORS, shovels, coolers, edgers/trimmers, push or riding mowers, leaf blowers, etc. Usually, the trucks/vans are basic workhorses- even if it’s the boss’ ride- but some of them are high end and fully loaded. Those cost bucks.

But as I passed one of the bigger houses around here, I saw such a trailer attached to the back of a late model Ford Mustang. Who does that? Who uses a muscle car for their lawn care business?

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I finally started playing Pathfinder 2e... Then they announced Pathfinder 2.5 e I mean remastered... I have a feeling my friends in the US will love the change to not being constrained to alignment when they play certain classes since they tend to play "good on paper only" and act on the Neutral evil / Chaotic axis.

Also, I saw Super Mario Brothers. I had some issued with it, but overall I thought it was good. Who would have thought that it would have slaughtered everything during the last month.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Scared the bejesus out of myself a couple nights ago.

I was going to bed, putting this & that away, plugging in my mobile tech to recharge, etc. A few seconds after I turned out my lights, I heard the unmistakable sound of an angry cat, coming from somewhere in the house.

We have a dog, and no cats for decades.

The yowling repeated itself. My hair was on end all over my body. All I could think was a cat of some kind had gotten into the house through the pet door while the dog was outside and we weren’t looking. And now it was loose in the house and pissed off.

The yowling began a third time. Mid-screech, I realize that it sounded the same as the first two times. EXACTLY the same.

Then I noticed my phone, which was face down, had a faint halo... I picked it up, and realized I had accidentally triggered a gif of a disgruntled housecat complaining to its people.

It took a bit for me to get past the adrenaline rush and relax enough to sleep.

Remove ads