• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Know what you mean. Psykers are insanely powerful. We play ascended campaign (epic lvl in other words) and the psyker has an order of magnitude more damage output than the others. But I quickly learnt to compensate. It's easier in epic levels since I can make battles that require the pc's to concentrate on multiple fronts. And I like to throw in some eldar seers who can easily outpsyke her :D

Well, we were inexperienced with the system and running a prewritten adventure. It was neat, I admit, but the whole Psyker thing as I said just ended up ruining everything. We thought about running a new campaign and banning Psykers, but sadly there just wasn't enough interest anymore. I would have been fine trying again, but I was in the minority and now... we just don't play it.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I'm working on a new Adventure Path also.

Eberron
Tiamat
Brahamut
Chamber
Royal Eyes
Emerald Claw

....and most every country and continent of Eberron

That's cool. I didn't even realize people still played Eberron!

To be honest, our group never really got into Eberron much. There were some aspects that seemed interesting, but I think we were just too into the Forgotten Realms to want to have to learn so much new stuff... which sadly we ended up doing that anyway with Pathfinder, but that was sort of forced upon us since we primarily run the Paizo APs now.

The AP I'm running can actually be set in most any Setting since it primarily deals with Planar Traveling and the Material Plane is just there during the first adventure and is touched here and there later on. Currently I'm working on trying to get a few interesting ideas in the Elemental Plane of Air.

It's tricky trying to write an AP that I would like to publish because I can't use a lot of things in it that I would like to due to copyright issues. :(

I was considering offering it here on the Storyhour section for people to use. The reason being as you- copyrights and I mix Eberron, Pathfinder and Darksun in my games with mild seasonings of Scarred lands and Forgotten Realms

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Well, we were inexperienced with the system and running a prewritten adventure. It was neat, I admit, but the whole Psyker thing as I said just ended up ruining everything. We thought about running a new campaign and banning Psykers, but sadly there just wasn't enough interest anymore. I would have been fine trying again, but I was in the minority and now... we just don't play it.

I actually think banning psykers would be a good choice for basic low level Dark Heresy. In higher level games such as Deathwatch or Rogue Trader they are more justified.

Blackrat

I dunno...it sounds fun, but also a bit deus ex, knowhaddamean? A 2 week time kerfuffle?

I'd like the premise more if they went further askew in time, if they went radically off target in space (due to warp?), if the message was leakage from a parallel dimensional or even a simple false flag thing...

Personal tastes, y'know?

Yeah my games tend to be rather heavy handed railroads nowdays actually. Though I don't like it myself, it has become the preferred playstyle for us simply due to time issues. We manage to get together for one Saturday every few months so it's just easier to pull a one shot adventure rather than try to make long campaigns. One idea I have that will be a longer course. Hope that we can get some more playtime in the fall to pull it off. The idea is to turn "The Name of the Rose" into a 40k adventure. For those who don't know it's a murder mystery in a medieval monastery set in the time of the inquisition.

Blackrat

I was considering offering it here on the Storyhour section for people to use. The reason being as you- copyrights and I mix Eberron, Pathfinder and Darksun in my games with mild seasonings of Scarred lands and Forgotten Realms

I'd most certainly love to read it. Eberron is my fave d&d setting, and I'm hoping to run it again some day. Prewritten adventures are always welcome :D

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The idea is to turn "The Name of the Rose" into a 40k adventure. For those who don't know it's a murder mystery in a medieval monastery set in the time of the inquisition.

And an excellent one, at that!

Blackrat

And an excellent one, at that!

It most certainly is. One of my favourite books. After all the scifi classics of course :D Unfortunately turning the plot into rpg adventure pretty much eliminates all the best parts. But even without the main character's deductive highlights the story is still good.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I actually think banning psykers would be a good choice for basic low level Dark Heresy. In higher level games such as Deathwatch or Rogue Trader they are more justified.

Sadly, I group's experience with Dark Heresy ended up being bad enough that they weren't even willing to try Rogue Trader. I like the idea of Rogue Trader. I know one of my group thought Deathwatch would be crazy. He's like 'If we're Space Marines, doesn't that mean we're like super hard to kill?' Except if we're Space Marines that means the enemies we'd be fighting would be even more Epic because it DOES take a lot to kill a Space Marine. Means we're dealing with some crazy dangerous stuff!

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I was the one who was most into WH40K. I've even read some of the Horus Heresy novels, the Gaunts Ghosts, Ciaphus Cain, plus of course Ravener and Eisenhorn, which REALLY got me excited for Dark Heresy. :)

I've read a few more random ones, but those were the most memorable. Space Wolf was kinda interesting, at least the first couple of books were. The last couple just didn't have the same feel. Also read the ones where the Space Marines were basically becoming Chaos Marines, but they still fought on the side of good. I forget how. I think they were essentially betrayed, fought back and won. And now while the rest of the Imperium considers them abominations and tries to destroy them, they still try to hold onto their beliefs and fight for the Imperium, which means the forces of Chaos are also their enemy... which means basically EVERYONE is their enemy. Interesting idea.

I like the WH40K better than the Forgotten Realms novels. Seems like they're actually made for adults and because of that they can do almost whatever they want! Ah, I miss reading those books. Should get back to it again...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads