• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I'm plotting an adventure that starts with the group receiving a heavily distorted emergency signal. What can be deciphered from it is that a strategically important planet is about to fall to rebellion. When they reach the planet there's no sign of battle nor rebellion. In truth they have warped through time and reach the planet two weeks before they leave :D Their arrival triggers the rebels to start open war and the group ends up ordering the emergency signal.

Interesting. What system is it for?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I dunno...it sounds fun, but also a bit deus ex, knowhaddamean? A 2 week time kerfuffle?

I'd like the premise more if they went further askew in time, if they went radically off target in space (due to warp?), if the message was leakage from a parallel dimensional or even a simple false flag thing...

Personal tastes, y'know?

Dog Moon

Adventurer
The Warhammer 40k roleplay systems by FFG. Dark Heresy/Deathwatch mix to be precise. The group are inquisitorial strike team.

Ah, I like the idea of Dark Heresy and WH40K. I like the world and stuff [Have even read a bunch of the WH40K novels], but when my group attempted to play it, the Psyker just sort of ruined the experience. Unfortunately, it was played by the one person in the group who is most likely to cheat, so for some reason he managed to do all these things and stuff without ever suffering anything but the most minor setbacks.

I do remember one of my characters carrying her arm around after it got shot off until she could get it repaired.

I'm working on a new Adventure Path also.

Eberron
Tiamat
Brahamut
Chamber
Royal Eyes
Emerald Claw

....and most every country and continent of Eberron

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Ah, I like the idea of Dark Heresy and WH40K. I like the world and stuff [Have even read a bunch of the WH40K novels], but when my group attempted to play it, the Psyker just sort of ruined the experience. Unfortunately, it was played by the one person in the group who is most likely to cheat, so for some reason he managed to do all these things and stuff without ever suffering anything but the most minor setbacks.

I do remember one of my characters carrying her arm around after it got shot off until she could get it repaired.

Know what you mean. Psykers are insanely powerful. We play ascended campaign (epic lvl in other words) and the psyker has an order of magnitude more damage output than the others. But I quickly learnt to compensate. It's easier in epic levels since I can make battles that require the pc's to concentrate on multiple fronts. And I like to throw in some eldar seers who can easily outpsyke her :D

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
And yeah, it's a brutal game. I had a character that had his face melted off, left leg incinerated and right arm bones shattered... And he still stopped a chaos ritual :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads