Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

megamania

Adventurer
Played it back in 1990. Had a blast with it. Decided I would run the new version. Reading up and researching it now. Thinking them exploring Virginia Beach first. A little A.R.E. stuff mixed with aggressive plants and dinosaurs.

Aeson

Adventurer
Last night before I left for work I took my meds like I often do. I didn't eat anything before I left like I often do. Sometimes I'll get drive thru on the way. I didn't do that either. I think my blood sugar tanked part way through my first route. I got shakey and felt queasy. I stopped at Quick Trip to get something to eat and felt much better.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Last night before I left for work I took my meds like I often do. I didn't eat anything before I left like I often do. Sometimes I'll get drive thru on the way. I didn't do that either. I think my blood sugar tanked part way through my first route. I got shakey and felt queasy. I stopped at Quick Trip to get something to eat and felt much better.
You gotta be careful with that. I take some BP meds that are supposed to be taken with food. I don’t always, but if I go too long without eating after taking them, I can pass right the hell out.

Aeson

Adventurer
You gotta be careful with that. I take some BP meds that are supposed to be taken with food. I don’t always, but if I go too long without eating after taking them, I can pass right the hell out.
I am supposed to take them with food. I had a hand full of tortilla chips and a 1/3 bottle of Coke Zero as I walked out hoping it was enough. It wasn't.

I'm unclear if it was my blood sugar or my blood pressure but I know something dropped and I wasn't feeling well.

megamania

Adventurer
Shaky? Queasy? Yup. Around 55-60 is when I feel these. Also cold, hollow inside and when below 50 vision slow to react and trembling hands. Yup

megamania

Adventurer
I am supposed to take them with food. I had a hand full of tortilla chips and a 1/3 bottle of Coke Zero as I walked out hoping it was enough. It wasn't.

I'm unclear if it was my blood sugar or my blood pressure but I know something dropped and I wasn't feeling well.
Not a doctor but if meds caused that I lean to blood pressure but maybe you bottomed out due to lack of food.

megamania

Adventurer
I take meds for diabetes, blood pressure, hyper tension, anxiety, depression and pain. I never know how I will react under certain conditions.

megamania

Adventurer
and its damn hot and sticky. Making me think its time to break down and buy an AC unit. So used to going into the river when its like this.

Aeson

Adventurer
At least I wasn't working a physically demanding job. I was driving, but I was seated. If I started feeling worse I could have pulled over. A couple of times I felt I might need to.

I used to keep bottled water and a little something to eat in the car. I need to start that again.

megamania

Adventurer
Still you need your wits to drive. I've been lucky, each time experienced something like this I was a passenger. The one time I nearly did pass out before we got to a store to pick up a candy to recover from. Scared the hell out of my family. It was the first time any of them had seen me like that.

Aeson

Adventurer
I take meds for diabetes, blood pressure, hyper tension, anxiety, depression and pain. I never know how I will react under certain conditions.
I thought high blood pressure and hypertension were the same. Anyway, I take all of these myself. Probably at lower doses but I'm right there with you.

megamania

Adventurer
Past the point of worrying about that. Either diabetes, stress or the nerve damage ( or a mix) ended "happy time" a long time ago.

Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters

Advertisement2

Advertisement4