• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The Caitlin R. Kiernan novel, Daughter of Hounds, is set in Providence, Rhode Island. It is a story about.... Ghouls.

Clearly, this is merely just a silly coincidence, and not evidence of any sort of conspiracy to cover up the 54 suspicious unsolved deaths last year that were absolutely not in any way connected to cannibalistic undead.

< he says, gnawing on a femur >

Got a cousin out there who was in the Ghoul Scouts. Their cookies...smelled funny.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
So, what do people do, instead of... dying; in Indiana?

What do the Hoosier folk do
To help them live on when they’re blue?
The shepard who is ailing, the milkmaid who is hung
The sad one who is wailing from shooting his lung
When they're beset and besieged
The folk not noblessly obliged
However do they manage to bear their weary lot?
Oh, what do Hoosier folk do we do not?

I have been informed by those who know them well
They find undeath in quite a clever way
When they're sorely pressed, they whistle for a spell
And whistling seems to summon up their ley
And that’s what Hoosier folk do
So they say

They whistle?

So they say
*whistle*

The CombatCon 2017 Steel Longsword Finals:
[video=youtube;z0i_3qeTIXg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0i_3qeTIXg[/video]

To clear up possible confusion, I was not there. I do not have the health or money for the hobby. :( The video is posted as a display of good longsword technique. Possibly not good judging technique, but the judges were all volunteers, so we can forgive them that.

I especially like the second match for a display of the utility of "snap" or "quick" attacks. A "snap cut" to the leading leg, and a "snap thrust" to the torso; both coming too unexpectedly and too quickly for the opponent to block.

Sword-fighting seems to favour aggression; that is, from what I can see, the more aggressive fighter tends to win, and possibly daunt the less aggressive fighter. This also seems to hold for other forms of martial arts.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I'm a little dragon
Have no doubt
Here is my tail
Here is my snout
When I get all steamed up
Flames I spout
Fan me well to cool me out

:angel:

Please explain this to me: How do people sell second-hand items on EBay for equal to or more money than the item could be purchased new??

...I am afraid I already know the answer.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads