Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I was going to make a comment about the playground next to the sewage treatment plant, but that might cross a grandma rule boundary.

They seem to give this thread a little giggle room....ahem...I mean wiggle room.

You reminded me a comment from Bill Nye about why Gawd would put the fun parts so near that plumbing. I need to see if I can find it.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
He is a civil engineer, who else would put a playground next to a sewage treatment plant?

You must have been to Georgia once in your life. Not far from where I grew up a soccer park is near a treatment plant. So I'd say the morons in Cobb County Ga.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
actually, the two points to the southeast that I have ever been are Mobile Alabama and here in Nashville Tennessee.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
A woman called into a local radio station to find out why a young man she hired was a no call/no show after one day. The kid was the son of a friend and she thought she was helping him with his first job. The mom called in to defend the kid. She often used the word we and us, like we expected more and how could this be done to us. She said her son was expected to work in a hot warehouse for 3 hours without a break then take lunch at 11am. It seems he was used to lunch at 1pm and didn't know what to do with himself. They were expecting him to be put into management or administrative roles ON THE FIRST DAY. I can't remember his age. 20-23 I think.

Is this the world we've created for ourselves?

Remove ads