• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Mad_Jack

Legend
Kiss any tavern wenches?

No. but I think I might have come damn close, lol... (As I like to say in my cheesy Irish Faire accent, "Th' ability t' turn a pretty phrase is th' ability t' turn a pretty girl's head...")

I was kinda casually flirting outrageously with one of the vendors, and I used my best line:

"If I may say so, m'lady... Tis a fine Faire, and a lovely day. But both together aren't half so fine, fair and lovely as yerself."

She blushed. (They usually do, lol.)

Then on the way out at the end of the day, I wandered past to say goodbye, and told her, "Til I once again hold the light of yer smile with my eyes, I shall hold it within my heart."

I am a Giant Cheeseball of Doom. Lol. :cool:

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
Most gamers I've met are giant cheeseballs of something. :p

Come to think of it, with my lactose intolerance any giant cheese ball will be of the doom variety. But what a way to go.

Last edited:

Aeson

I have a young man showing a lot of interest in gaming. He has been to numerous gaming stores in the area and is fascinated by it all. Warhammer 40k, D&D, all of it. I have a lot of them but it's all in storage. I'm not ina position to share right now. He is 19. His parents are about to be deported back to Mexico. His little brother is going to Texas. Because of a run in with the law he is staying in Georgia. I see a good mentoring opportunity. I recommended Geek and Sundry as a youtube channel to check out. I would suggest ENW but I think messages boards are not that appealing to folks his age. Other resources I can recommend?

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I have made a terrible mistake.

I saw Diablo 3 for the PS3 on sale for 3 euros and thought "hey, I never played that, it can't be as bad as everyone said". Oh. My. Foot.

This game is like a collection of all the bad design choices you can make. Not only is everything illogically structured on its own, but they are also as confusingly different from the previous games as possible. Nothing works the way you'd think at first. I honestly had to google "how do I use my weapons" and "how to assign spells". So frustrating.

Edit: why do I have to drop books onto the ground before reading them?

Edit: monsters in a cellar next to a door. I try attacking them and pressing the attack button chooses the ladder and sends me back out. What engineer came up with that idiocy?

Edit: you can't pick the spells you get when you level up? Does every maxed wizard have the exact same skill distribution?

Edit: OMG the item inventory controls. Having to use three buttons to switch between options when the button to use depends on which part of the inventory you are in..

Edit: and an extra WTF for item inventory controls for allowing it to drop items on the floor if you pick the wrong button by accident. I was trying to compare three different bows and it just flomps them down. AND when you stop looking at the stats for an item and use the current back button it doesn't take you back to the previous menu, but instead the previous previous menu!

Edit: you seriously can't remap a skill button to another until you have 'unlocked' that button by gaining the default skill for it.

Edit: the voice level for some characters is vastly different, as if some actors had been in a professional recording studio and others inside a trashcan in a dark alley somewhere recording on a potato. And wow, some quest givers have audio lines that cut off before the text actually ends. I would not even have noticed that without subtitles.

Edit: the inventory holds 60 items (at least currently) on my person, and 20 in the stash, but only 4 from each are visible at one time. Meanwhile 40% of the screen remains unused around the inventory. Plus seeing the item pictures is useless since you have to go "inside" each item one by one to see their stats (aside from damage, which is almost the least useful stat since the items you find appear to be near your level anyway).

Edit: something something map resizes everytime you leave it, and you can't move while it's visible apparently.

Edit: good grief the inventory control mess carries over to the item sellers. Accidentally buying stuff isn't hard at all. It's like you have to keep looking down at the tiny text that tells you what button does what where before you do anything.

Edit: hah! A quest giver joined me on my quest, but he was running slightly faster than me, and as he was talking explaining the quest both his voice and the subtitle vanished as he got too far away from me to hear it (which did not look far at all).

Last edited:

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I was going to say something like "well, at least the combat is good", but there are two things that mar it quite badly. First, the levels appear to be 3D and the autoaim has problems with this. Sometimes it tries to attack things that aren't there, sometimes things that are behind the things you really wanted to attack. Second, stairs. I have now seen 5 instances of monsters getting stuck behind stairs (that is, behind the actual level), and also autoaim gets really fidgety on some stairs, like it has trouble believing the 3D is there. :p

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Honestly I prefer Grim Dawn. With the Crucible and Malmouth expansions, and even more content still coming, it's going to last years.

Aeson

Is it just in my area the hipsters are buying Jeeps? They are all over the place. Manbuns and vapes akimbo.

Remove ads