Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Mad_Jack

Legend
The weather is unpredictable these days. Seasonal changes used to be gradual but now they seem to happen over night in Vermont now.

When I walked into Burlington Coat Factory after work on Thursday, it was late fall.

When I left, twenty minutes later, it was the dead of winter. There was two inches of snow on the ground.

Now, two days later, the sun is shining and the temperature outside is almost nice during the early afternoon here in CT.

These drastic weather changes are wrecking my bad leg.

Last edited:

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Here for the past two or three months the weather reports have been predicting increasingly colder weather. Not happening.

Instead we've had this same mildly warm slightly rainy bit windy thing going on the whole time. It's almost like good old traditional English weather decided to fly over here for a holiday and now it's refusing to go back.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The Thanksgiving prep grind officially starts today...and my right knee is KILLING me.* Going to have loads of fun, gimp-limpin’ through the grocery and standing in the kitchen.

* It’s almost like I took an arrow to the knee...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
...and i just got a call from some of the out-of-towners, announcing they’re only a few HOURS from getting here. They won’t be staying with us, but they just asked me to make my beef pasta salad to eat this weekend.

*SIGH*

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
...and i just got a call from some of the out-of-towners, announcing they’re only a few HOURS from getting here. They won’t be staying with us, but they just asked me to make my beef pasta salad to eat this weekend.

*SIGH*

"It's part of our 2 for $30* menu"

*Drinks, appetizers, and gratuity not included.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I doubt he uses a box pasta salad. If he did he wouldn't be freaking out now. We're talkin hand made pasta and his own dressing. Probably steak. :cool:

Not too far off! It’s one of those no recipe recipes. As long as I get in the ballpark, it’s all good.

I get 2 boxes of pasta with high surface areas and no long sloppy bits. This time, 1 rotini and 1 bow tie.

After cooking it, I toss it with 3 different diced cheeses (this time, smoked Gouda, smoked gruyere, and colby jack), diced deli roast beef (@1-2lbs), mayo & Greek yogurt in equal amounts, yellow mustard, tarragon vinegar, avocado or guacamole, and spices like parsley, paprika, black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.

The big expense is, if course, the beef. It would be cheaper if I cooked my own, but honestly, I can’t be bothered to season, cook, and trim a decent roast of sufficient size to do it right.

FWIW, it should also work pretty well subbing nicely seasoned grilled chicken for the beef. Might even be better.

Now...pepperoni? I hadn’t even considered that. Hmmmmm. Maybe with red wine vinegar instead of the tarragon...use a single cheese like parrano...diced olives...and a mix of sun dried tomatoes and halved baby marzanos.

Last edited:

Remove ads