Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Dinosaurs! Riding dinosaurs instead of horses! Ok, I’m going on a silly tangent now, aren’t I?
Nope.
I have discussed that idea with several other ENWorlders since 2007. There’s a series of novels by Kurt R. A. Giambastiani called The Year the Cloud Fell. Dino-riding Native Americans vs Custer, etc. In one thread- lost in the transition to this software- we also discussed changing the raptors to moas or axe-beaks.

Here’s a thread you could mine:

and one more

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I don't know what happened, but this thread has not shown on my alerts for like 4 days, but I see y'all just chitt chattin' away here.

so, I just got done reading a page about Cicero and what he got away with in the court room:

Antics Cicero got away with in court include:
  • Calling the prosecution's witness, who was an attempted murder victim, a shameless slut, whore, and murderess, and then saying he wasn't going to call her a shameless slut, whore, and murderess, and then calling her a shameless slut, whore, and murderess repeatedly throughout the rest of his speech.
  • Accusing a political rival (Clodius) of incest in a completely unrelated case, where the sister of said rival accused her lover of attempting to poison her (see above).
  • Pretending to be Rome personified (it's complicated).
  • Pretending to be a long dead Roman Consul (again, it's complicated). Incidentally, he was pretending to be the Consul so he could call the attempted murder victim above a shameless slut, whore, and murderess. And being quite graphic about it.
  • Telling the judge he was going to ignore all courtroom procedure for the citizenship application he was arguing for and spend the next hour discussing Greek literature. (His client was Greek.)
  • Giving speaking tips to opposing counsel.
  • Complimenting opposing counsel on his skill — because the counsel was once one of his students.
  • Accusing opposing counsel of being sexually submissive.
  • Accusing the jury of being corrupt (although this was often the case).
  • Discussing fashion in the middle of a murder trial.
  • Discussing town planning in the middle of a murder trial.
  • Discussing highway maintenance in the middle of a murder trial.
  • Discussing the inconvenient placement of Public Holidays in the middle of a murder trial.
Metellus Nepos: "Who is your father?" ( Basically Nepos' way of saying: "you're not an aristocrat, so zip it." )
Cicero: "In your case, your mother has made the answer to that question rather difficult."

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Ah yes, the ancient ”forum trolls”. As I always like to point out, ”Be like Diogenes”, or ”WWDD, What Would Diogenes Do”. For example, mocking the most powerful man on earth, straight to his face, is well within reason 😂

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Worst. Super Bowl. Ever.
No great plays. Halftime was blah. Commercials were "Hey, let's come up with the dumbest ideas ever filmed, and see how many celebrities we can cram in."

Remove ads