Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Ulfgeir

Hero
Aren't they also unionized?

Not really. There were one prostitue that tried a few years ago to make things 100% legal and paying taxes on her work If I recall correctly, she tried to then use that to sue the state and our Prime Minister, as they would then benefit from her work. Let's just say she did not get any success apart from a small amount of (in)famy though.

Germany (and maybe the Netherlands)are more open about it. So if there are any such unions it would be there.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I no math gud.

If I were to say "I wrote down a number. Roll a d100 and match the number."
Does that change the 1 in 100 chance of getting the number right?

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
A big orange baby in the white house
Coronavirus
Murder Hornets
Marauding armies of cannibalistic rats

If any of you asks what else could go wrong, I'm emptying a can of Cheez Wiz on your head.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Roll20 session scheduled for sunday. I think this is the most prep time I’ve done for a game in the last decade, but at the same time R20 makes prepping rather easy. If I were to purchase monster manual assets for it, prepping would be even easier...

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Amazon has a series called Upload where people are uploaded to a virtual life after death. In one scene a woman asked her partner if he had protection. They both pull out these packets that had cameras that they place on themselves, then say into their partner's camera "I consent to this". I've heard people talk about getting someone on camera or sign something to that effect. It's scary to think that that's the kind of protection one needs.
I actually just watched this a couple of days ago. It's an interesting show. I had assumed that the packets with cameras were only because they were using the Nitely app to hook up for sex since they never showed the cameras at any other time during the show. Which makes sense. Stranger comes over to your house, need some sort of guarantee that after that happens both partners are okay with the situation. But again, coercion either direct or indirect could make the camera thing completely pointless.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
That was what I thought it was. Well, here in Sweden we have a consent-law now, so you can actually be charged with rape or negligent rape even if no threats or violence were involved. One celebrity just got arrested for having sex with a prostitute (selling sex is legal, but not to buy it or to profit from the sale - i.e. pimps). He kind of admitted negligent rape, as he did say in an interview that the prostitute probably wasn't there voluntarily. And that's a crime that can give up to 4 years in prison. So his defence-lawyer will be buzy.
See, I always thought it should be legalized and the workers protected with some sort of official oversight. Not too great of oversight, don't want to feel limited, but enough to try to ensure cleanliness and safetiness.

And I also think that the above situation is messed up. There's no way to determine if a person is there willingly or not. I couldn't imagine hiring a prostitute and thinking "she probably doesn't want this" and then going ahead anyway. And it's not like you can ask her cause whether she is or not, she's probably not going to admit it. And if you tried this more than once, it would be weird asking everyone or assuming there's a decent chance it's unwilling. That says more of a problem with the system rather than the guy who paid for it. Cause at what point would you stop hiring prostitutes? If there's a 50-50 chance she's unwilling, 25%, 10%, 1%? That's not something you'd even want to think about...

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Roll20 session scheduled for sunday. I think this is the most prep time I’ve done for a game in the last decade, but at the same time R20 makes prepping rather easy. If I were to purchase monster manual assets for it, prepping would be even easier...
I was supposed to start a roll20 session, but even though I'm currently not working I feel like I have too much going on. Was supposed to be a PF2 game, but my Adventure Path is PF1 [which yeah, I'll have to convert at some point, but I started in 1e and I'm going to finish it in 1e before I begin converting it to 2e]. At least I've been making some decent progress on it. Never realized how much work creating an Adventure Path by yourself is!

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I made this creature the other day (one with 18 Con and 3 Cha). Made it undead. CR 9 went from 76hp to 21hp. I was like huh, these things are totally gonna die with only 21hp at CR 9.

Then I found a random template: "A plagued beast has a minimum Charisma score of 15—if the base creature’s Charisma score is lower, increase it to 15." I feel like all Undead templates should have that. Maybe not always 15, but at least something to prevent my above example from becoming true. Came across that and saw someone talk about that's one of the reasons Lich Sorcerers are more powerful than Lich Wizards, since they're already going to have high Charisma so their hit points will drastically increase upon undeath.

Remove ads