Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
What has our country come to when people confuse the NORWEGIAN flag for the CONFEDERATE flag, causing a Michigan B&B to remove the flag?

🇳🇴

What has our country come to when people confuse the NORWEGIAN flag for the CONFEDERATE flag, causing a Michigan B&B to remove the flag?

🇳🇴

I can understand the mistake. Take the Norwegian flag and rotate it 45 degrees, like would commonly be seen on an angled flag holder. The only thing missing is a couple small white stars. Now imagine you're driving by that on a highway. Also, what's more common to randomly run into in the US right now: blatant racism or people displaying Norwegian pride?

From what I read, the B&B owners understood this problem for what it was.

Last edited:

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I can understand the mistake. Take the Norwegian flag and rotate it 45 degrees, like would commonly be seen on an angled flag holder. The only thing missing is a couple small white stars. Now imagine you're driving by that on a highway. Also, what's more common to randomly run into in the US right now: blatant racism or people displaying Norwegian pride?

From what I read, the B&B owners understood this problem for what it was.
Oddly enough, I drive past a car with the flag on it every night. Not once did I think it was anything other than a Norwegian flag. I still think the whole thing is insane. Despite some being seen at the mask protests in Michigan, the Confederate flag is probably not common there. I would expect the Norwegian flag more than Confederate. Here in Georgia it should be and is the opposite. This story would make more sense here.

I'm glad folks are taking a stand against racism. I support them 100%. This is just ignorance, though. Since racism is also ignorance, it seems like fighting fire with fire.

After watching a number of episodes of the 90's X-men cartoon I fully believe there was some kind of Pan-Galactic Wolverine toss competition and every bad guy was trying to out do the previous.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Oddly enough, I drive past a car with the flag on it every night. Not once did I think it was anything other than a Norwegian flag. I still think the whole thing is insane. Despite some being seen at the mask protests in Michigan, the Confederate flag is probably not common there. I would expect the Norwegian flag more than Confederate. Here in Georgia it should be and is the opposite. This story would make more sense here.

I'm glad folks are taking a stand against racism. I support them 100%. This is just ignorance, though. Since racism is also ignorance, it seems like fighting fire with fire.
Well, this is a time when many people are being overly cautious. Couple weeks ago I heard about this show from like the 70s or 80s or something where an episode was removed from streaming because of possible blackface, but it was really just two old women with mud faces for cleaning facials or whatever. Like, I get blackface is bad, but there has to be SOME limit to all of this.

Heard few days ago that a couple got banned from Walmart for wearing. I don't understand why people would do such a thing.

Remove ads