Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Speaking of bacon. An air fryer is the best freaking thing to cook bacon! Perfect crisp!
I’ve done bacon in pans, ovens and toaster ovens, all with similar results, but each has its advantages and disadvantages.

Of the three, the pan was the fastest for small batches, but you have spatter to worry about.

The toaster oven- which also uses convection- did mid-sized batches to perfection without spatter, but slogged down for large batches. About 9 minutes at 400degF, as I recall, and I get 6 pieces of bacony goodness. But if I’m doing a 1lb pack, it starts getting tedious.

Anything over a pound of bacon, and I really want to use my oven.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Yeah, I’d say it’s pretty similar to a toaster oven with convection actually. I used 10min at around 400F (200C in reality). 5 slices at a time. Perfection, no spatter, and it even drips the excess fat away.

Blackrat

There is a bowl and then a little raised grill upon which you put what you want to fry. So all the grease drips to the bottom of the bowl. As far as I know, most every model of air fryer the bowl is fully detachable so it is easy to clean out.

Blackrat

Ours was a christmas present for the wife from her father. So far we have only used it for bacon and chicken nuggets, but it seems to work as advertised.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases