Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
What in the name of Orcus?! They’ve remade Walker, Texas Ranger! I could accept Knight Rider. I even let McGyver slide. But this, this is getting ridiculous now...

Dog Moon

Adventurer
What in the name of Orcus?! They’ve remade Walker, Texas Ranger! I could accept Knight Rider. I even let McGyver slide. But this, this is getting ridiculous now...
I watched a couple of episodes of Knight Rider. I guess that show is old enough I never watched much of the original (which probably meant I was closer to their target audience). but the remake just wasn't that good. Think it only lasted a single season.

McGyver I watched like half of the first season. I had seen some of the original McGyver, but somehow the newer version just felt weird. The story was mediocre and didn't really feel like McGyver.

Not mentioned, but they had a Charmed remake as well. While the original series did have some flaws, I felt like it was more interesting. It had more... charm. The remake doesn't feel right. The sisters are more flaky and blah than the sisters of the original.

And now Walker. Out of curiosity, I watched the first episode. I actually have seen the original and even though sometimes I felt like it was kind of cheesy, it seemed to always be positive and send good messages. This version is dark and gloomy. Walker is understandably going through stuff, but he isn't very likeable.

It's weird how there's all these remakes and they seem to be making changes for no other reason than to just make changes. And it kind of bugs me that there's no like recognition of the original series. Like Walker... I think it would have been cool for this Walker to be the son of the previous Walker, for example. Charmed, instead of remaking and changing everything, why can't they be the next generation of the Charmed Ones, like the daughters of the main characters or something.

Now, I get that things change. Times change and what is acceptable changes, but you would think that changes would be done to make the shows BETTER, not just to make it different. Example: Full Metal Alchemist vs Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. The second was basically a remake of the original, but it was BETTER. They realized their mistakes and changed things, making the remake WAY better than the original. These shows could have done that too, but failed to completely.

Of course, there SHOULD be changes. You don't want to make the show the exact same thing as the previous show, just with new actors. You want it to be different... but why do they all suck? Ugh...

Mad_Jack

Legend
Bet you haven’t heard anyone play an anvil before 😂

Actually, I seem to recall having heard a Russian orchestra with a couple of guys banging on anvils with different hammers...

On a somewhat related note, there's a guy banging on a metal shield with a bone antler in this song...
(Fun fact: the lady singing is using the bones of an actual human forearm as a percussion instrument.)

Heilung - Kriegsgaldr

Blackrat

This is for Ulfgeir, my dear neighbour, but I’ll provide a translated version also:
07E2A01B-BDE8-41EA-88BF-771A5049C25B.png

960718B4-1D35-4A8C-B9CF-9DF611E0641C.png

To give a context, semla is swedish name for a bun filled with whipped cream and almond paste, traditionally enjoyd around february in scandinavia.

Ulfgeir

Hero
This is for Ulfgeir, my dear neighbour, but I’ll provide a translated version also:
View attachment 131949

View attachment 131950

To give a context, semla is swedish name for a bun filled with whipped cream and almond paste, traditionally enjoyd around february in scandinavia.
I would tend to fall in to the "hardline traditionalist". I grew up with using cinrnamonpowder on it, but not serving it in warm milk... There is one school of though that you eat it just as it is (whether you eat the top separately or not is open for debate), the other is it is served in hot milk, with cinnamon powder on it. Legend also has it that one of the Swedish kings died after eating too many in to short time..

The die behind Semlor goes back to mediaeval ages and Lent. So you would eat it before Lent.

Hmm, I do need to buy and eat later though.

edit: as a contrast, I have eaten hamburgers where the bread was a sugar-glazed donut. Yup, that was sticky...

Last edited:

Blackrat

I have declared myself a radical semla anarchist 😂 I just had spagetti bolognese today, and to bug the wife, called it semla 😂 But yeah, for a real one, needs to have whipped cream and strawberry jam and almond paste

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases