Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter

What style pan is she cooking in?
I normally would start with the chicken because it would take longer to cook than the onions.

Also, is she referring to herself as Pong that often or is it the subtitles?
1) cute girl!

2) looks like a sauté pan or flat bottomed wok. If that is an induction plate she was using for heat (it looked like one) then that was enameled iron or steel

3) obviously edited, but it worries me that she touches her hair so much while cooking, especially without washing hands after handling chicken. Hopefully, the washing was just edited out. In a pro kitchen, she’d need to be wearing a net, hat or some other hair control.

4) she obviously has SOME cooking skill from the way she positioned her fingers, but she was DANGEROUSLY awkward with that onion. Never seen someone cut one without laying it flat.

5) the garlic & onion got cooked first to develop flavor. The chicken takes longer, yes, but because of the liquids being added- the oil on the chicken, the water, the coconut milk- the onions & garlic won’t burn, and the flavors will med nicely in the final product.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Ok, it was the enameled part I was looking for. I often see it in a darker blue color. I didn't know what was called. I've seen them, never used one. Is there a situation where it might be advantageous? Looks like a style that could be used stove top or oven or go between.

As for her touching her hair. I don't look at this as a formal professional cooking situation. Perhaps if she were in a restaurant or commercial setting higher standards would be maintained. I think this is more of a home cooking setting which is often way more relaxed. Also I believe she's Vietnamese, and they're professional standards may not as high as ours. While times I was distracted by her appearance I was more focused on the dish being prepared and didn't notice the hair touching.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Instead of a glass slipper it's a glass arm. 🙃

mandy pursley as cinderella 2.jpg

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Ok, it was the enameled part I was looking for. I often see it in a darker blue color. I didn't know what was called. I've seen them, never used one. Is there a situation where it might be advantageous? Looks like a style that could be used stove top or oven or go between.

As for her touching her hair. I don't look at this as a formal professional cooking situation. Perhaps if she were in a restaurant or commercial setting higher standards would be maintained. I think this is more of a home cooking setting which is often way more relaxed. Also I believe she's Vietnamese, and they're professional standards may not as high as ours. While times I was distracted by her appearance I was more focused on the dish being prepared and didn't notice the hair touching.
Enameled pans can be easier to clean, but they’re also more delicate in some ways.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I recognize the man as Robert Culp. He was one of my favorites in the 80s and 90s. His son Steven is a regular character actor on TV. I don't know the woman.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Sick at home. Just chillin. (no, not Covid). Watched Godzilla vs Kong. I enjoyed it. Couple of weird issues, but there's one plot that could have been entirely removed from the movie and we wouldn't miss anything. Actually, would probably have made it better...

Sick at home. Just chillin. (no, not Covid). Watched Godzilla vs Kong. I enjoyed it. Couple of weird issues, but there's one plot that could have been entirely removed from the movie and we wouldn't miss anything. Actually, would probably have made it better...
I'm watching it and if it's the one will millie then yeah

Remove ads