Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
If you see 20,000 sheep running down the road in a panic, this is NOT the time assert your individuality. Follow them.

Mad_Jack

Legend
Well, that didn't last long... :p
$50 worth of diesel (10 gallons) only managed to heat my house for less than 24 hours.

1200 people in CT without power after the cold weather and high winds of the past couple days.

Last edited:

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I heard this song on the radio last night.
It sounds like a song from the 50s or 60s but it's a recent song. He reminds me of Ritchie Valens or The Everly Brothers. I'd love for oldies to make a comeback.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
That one came out last year. It’s a good’un. He’s been around for a few years, and AFAIK, that’s his biggest song so far.

Mad_Jack

Legend
There's actually quite a number of folks doing that kind of retro-sounding stuff out there (and there has been for several decades now), but you have to look for it - it's not something that really breaks through into the mainstream.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I know. I watch a few on YouTube. My dad listened to the oldies station when I was a kid. I listened to it with him. Got into my aunt's record collection. I think most kids go through this stage. "Have you heard of these guys, The Monkees, or this fella Elvis?" They all look at you funny and laugh. You never get the joke.

I'll hear a song like Dream Lover on iZombie and start singing along.

I really like period pieces set in the 50s and 60s. If nothing else, but for the music.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
There's actually quite a number of folks doing that kind of retro-sounding stuff out there (and there has been for several decades now), but you have to look for it - it's not something that really breaks through into the mainstream.
Some of them do, though. Amy Winehouse (RIP) did. Squirrel Nut Zippers,” broke through. Cherry Poppin’ Daddies, Imelda May, Darrel Higham, Katmen, and others followed Stray Cats/Brian Setzer’s lead in reviving rockabilly.

Setzer also revived big band swing.

And there’s groups like Postmodern Jukebox that are starting to get mainstream attention.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I know. I watch a few on YouTube. My dad listened to the oldies station when I was a kid. I listened to it with him. Got into my aunt's record collection. I think most kids go through this stage. "Have you heard of these guys, The Monkees, or this fella Elvis?" They all look at you funny and laugh. You never get the joke.
I never did, but I had an unusual upbringing. Mom was a music teacher, so I grew up listening to EVERYTHING she liked/taught before evolving my own musical tastes.

That, plus actually learning to play some instruments will really broaden your horizons.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases