• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Has anyone else had this problem with NW Nights?

DPGDarrin

First Post
I donwloaded the Curse of Anubis module, and installed the Hak Pack that goes with it. The module runs fine, but now every time I try to save, the save game file is corrupt. I'm assuming this problem has to do with the Hak files rather than the module, since I've had numerous new modules installes before this one. Is this a common problem, and if so, is there a fix?

LightPhoenix

First Post
DPGDarrin said:
I donwloaded the Curse of Anubis module, and installed the Hak Pack that goes with it. The module runs fine, but now every time I try to save, the save game file is corrupt. I'm assuming this problem has to do with the Hak files rather than the module, since I've had numerous new modules installes before this one. Is this a common problem, and if so, is there a fix?

This is a known bug, and there's help for the matter listed at various NWN sites - nwn.bioware.com, nwvault.ign.com, etc.

DPGDarrin

First Post
Actually I've looked over the support at the Bioware site, and have found very little to be of help. Most of the corrupt game issues have to do with it hanging at 95%. This isn't that issue. Trying to find a specific piece of information at NWVault is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Don't get me wrong, the site is well organized, but there is so much information there, and tech support doesn't have its own entry on the left side. If anyone has a specific URL where there is information regarding this issue, I would greatly appreciate it if you could post it.

Thanks!

DPGDarrin

First Post
Alright, I found the answer to this. It is a known bug, but finding it isn't easy. At http://www.neverwinterhaven.com/downloads/ I found the following:

Well found a workaround at least which should do the job until Bioware sort this *bug* out.
I placed the .itp files I took out out of the .hak file into the NWN/override directory and loaded my test module again and this got the terrain palette to load and work in the toolset. I added a few different terrain entities and and saved/loaded the module fine even with and without the custom tileset .itp files in the NWN/override directory. Players dont need the .itp files to save/load the module.
To recap: What I did was use NWNPacker to extract the .itp files out of the .hak file and put them in the override folder. This seemed to allow the toolset to work fine and allow saving and loading of the created module.
By : Ddraigcymraeg

Now to find NWNPacker...

DPGDarrin

First Post
Well, I'm sad to report that I tried this "fix" to no avail. It did not solve the problem. Instead, I'm removing the Hak file when I play a game I want to save, and putting it back in the Hak folder when I need to use something with this tile set. Hopefully Bioware will get this little bug taken care of soon.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads