Has anyone had this problem with NWN?

d12

First Post
Okay, this problem only occurs when I go online - never when I play the single-player. About 50% of the time when I play online and then try to exit the game I get a black screen and my "wait" icon (hour glass) comes up. The screen stays this way. When I go into task manager it says that NWN is not responding. If I try to end task it doesn't work. I can't even restart my computer by hitting ctrl + alt +delete twice. I end up having to turn the computer off manually. Any suggestions? Again, this only occurs about half the time and I can't figure out any pattern.

DM_Tim

First Post
Have you tried...

Have you downloaded the latest game patch? When you first start the game, one of the options you have is to download the latest version. I recommend you try that first. Also, you might find the Bioware message boards helpful in this regard as well.

Regards,

- DM_Tim

Lazybones

Adventurer
Well, obviously the computer is telling you not to stop playing NWN.

Seriously, though, what you've described has happened to me w/NWN, although only once every 100 games or so. I haven't seen a solution to the problem, but I'm assuming you have the latest sound/video drivers for your rig? I had another game once that would mess up my desktop every time I exited (funky colors), but when I updated my drivers the problem cleared up.

I'm sure you've tried this already, but I thought I'd essay the suggestion anyway.

Remove ads