Has WotC saturated the published adventure market or are the two latest adventures not very popular?

ccs

41st lv DM
It's a combination of Adventure Fatigue and Official Release Fatigue. There were 4 official books this year (instead of the usual 3), and IMO that is too many. It doesn't help that 3 of those books were released within a short time-span of each other. It's too much too fast.

People don't have to consume everything the moment it drops, if at all.
In my case:
Mordankanians (sp?) - bought it that weekend. I've read about 1/4 of it. Nothing in it is of any consequence to what I'm currently running, so I'm not on any type of clock to digest it asap.
Dragonheist - It'll be roughly Feb. before I'm looking for another adventure. So I've left this as an Xmas idea for my family to shop for. If they don't I'll pick it up come Jan.
Ravnica - Zero interest. I'll probably never get this one.
Mad Mage? - My friend's going to run this one. So no need for me to pick it up.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There are some people having trouble getting hold of them -- Mad Mage has a 1-3 month waiting list on Amazon.co.uk, and my FLGS doesn't have it. Managed to snag Ravnica off Amazon though.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Could also be Holiday related. I assume there's more people like me who cut back on buying personal stuff in Nov/Dec.
1) Frees up $ for Christmas shopping.
2) I always put a few easy to get gaming items out there as XMAs ideas for my family. So if it's not something I need immediately gaming wise....

You make very telling points. I'd be interested in seeing the sales number after the holiday season.

pukunui

Legend
Could also be because Dragon Heist is pants. I hear Mad Mage is pretty solid, though. But let’s not forget that Ravnica came out at the same time as Mad Mage. We’re not used to getting two books at once, let alone three in as many months.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
Hmm - the timing is an interesting factor. This is the first time (in a long while - since Rise of Tiamat I think!) an adventure (or 2) has been released this close to the holidays...

ad_hoc

(they/them)
I personally have no interest. Both due to saturation and not being for me.

We have a backlog of adventures we are eager to play.

1-5 adventures are plenty. And we have little desire to play much above 11th so an adventure that goes to 20 is of no interest.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I'm not particularly interested in either. I think some of it is that the Shiny newness is finally starting to wear off D&D 5e.

D

DQDesign

I think 6 storylines out of 8 set in FR is a little bit too much. I always preferred variety over quantity, but it is a matter of taste, obviously.

My group has been playing through ToA. They just entered the Tomb. It's taken awhile as that adventure has a lot going on. After this though we're jumping into Dragon Heist. We're all kinda excited about it. I'd say your first point rings true, in that people are still busy with other adventures.

Remove ads