Hasbro Double Downgraded by Bank of America.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Even worse, they get a parachute, and a wink/nod new executive position while the rest of us are lucky to get a severance.

My company going private again was such a relief.
Oh I meant the stockholders, who just dump stock when it’s convenient and move their money to something else.

But yeah the executives are also catastrophically villainous.

Scribe

Legend
Zero, because I think eventually folks will realize that they will have to be busted up to create competition.
I'm sorry, but I do not expect people to be able to change the tide here.

My wife received a package from Amazon today, you know how it goes. Its very convenient, and when she couldnt find what she needed local, its shipped in a day or 2, which in and of itself, is madness.

So she opens the box, pissed off, it was a small item, the box was huge in comparison, and empty otherwise. A total waste. I thought on it for a moment after agreeing that it was stupid.

This small item was shipped out of a warehouse, this warehouse is hours by car, and HOURS by ferry, away from me. I know where it is. This box took up considerably more space than it needed, meaning less could be shipped, than potentially, and then X amount of fossil fuel was consumed in the delivery. This is waste, heaped on waste, heaped on pollution, for convenience that is killing local stores, mom and pop's, whatever, and we shop local, farm's, markets, all that, as much as we can.

Amazon is a mega-corp, and will only grow, as will Elon's empire, and the various other capitalist firms that actually pull the strings of our world behind the scenes as we all burn up our time on forums, social media, games, and work. ;)

Anyway.

I did a deeper dive on this whole Magic thing tonight, and honestly, its probably not the end of the world. Its going to be a shift in how Magic is delivered, and its going to feed into that killing of the local shops, the mom and pop stores, the places where you know "the Gathering" happened, but the game will be fine, Hasbro's stock will rebound, and some snakes will make a bit of $ in flipping some stocks around.

I dont think the suits are THAT stupid to kill the golden goose.

Staffan

Legend

My wife received a package from Amazon today, you know how it goes. Its very convenient, and when she couldnt find what she needed local, its shipped in a day or 2, which in and of itself, is madness.

So she opens the box, pissed off, it was a small item, the box was huge in comparison, and empty otherwise. A total waste. I thought on it for a moment after agreeing that it was stupid.
My understanding is that this is because having only a few standardized box sizes is more efficient overall than having boxes adapted for each individual item. Basically, it's easier to play Tetris with the boxes if they are all 2x2 pieces.

darjr

I crit!
Just to emphasize the bizarro world the stock market lives in

FB5CA5F9-5A01-477F-B20B-0450145A639D.jpeg

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Just to emphasize the bizarro world the stock market lives in

View attachment 266836

So, for Eli Lily, it is important to realize the actual damage done.

The damage to Eli Lily wasn't someone pretending to be Eli Lily, and fooling people about a change n their business practices. The damage to Eli Lily was reminding people about their business practices. The $8 blue check offered a pulpit that got used effectively to remind folks about the truth.

Last edited:

darjr

I crit!
So, for Eli Lily, it is important to realize the actual damage done.

The damage to Eli Lily wasn't someone pretending to be Eli Lily, and fouling people about a change n their business practices. The damage to Eli Lily was reminding people about their business practices. The $8 blue check offered a pulpit that got used effectively to remind folks about the truth.
I dint think it was a secret before. And it was irrationally inflated anyway. Irrationality abounds.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter

This small item was shipped out of a warehouse, this warehouse is hours by car, and HOURS by ferry, away from me. I know where it is. This box took up considerably more space than it needed, meaning less could be shipped, than potentially, and then X amount of fossil fuel was consumed in the delivery. This is waste, heaped on waste, heaped on pollution, for convenience that is killing local stores, mom and pop's, whatever, and we shop local, farm's, markets, all that, as much as we can.

Amazon is a mega-corp, and will only grow, as will Elon's empire, and the various other capitalist firms that actually pull the strings of our world behind the scenes as we all burn up our time on forums, social media, games, and work. ;)

Anyway.

I did a deeper dive on this whole Magic thing tonight, and honestly, its probably not the end of the world. Its going to be a shift in how Magic is delivered, and its going to feed into that killing of the local shops, the mom and pop stores, the places where you know "the Gathering" happened, but the game will be fine, Hasbro's stock will rebound, and some snakes will make a bit of $ in flipping some stocks around.

I dont think the suits are THAT stupid to kill the golden goose.
People might not be able to change the tide, though I disagree on that, but the tide does change. Otherwise, the V.O.C would still dominate global shipping.

Remove ads