• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Hasbro slapped by bank of america for destroying customer goodwill

tomBitonti

Adventurer
“Within its Wizards segment, Hasbro continues to destroy customer goodwill by trying to over-monetize its brands.” — Bank of America

Never thought I would see a company slapped by an investor, analyst, or investor for trying to increase profits. You are seriously doing it wrong for this to happen.
My take is that over-monetization was determined to be profit losing. Sure, charge more. But if too many customers are lost, profits will end up less. This is basic supply/demand stuff.

I expect a key missing component to the strategy is increasing demand. Say, creating a new product space. A robust, integrated, easy to use, socially accessible VTT would do that. But, that must be made real — execution is key. A successful movie will help.

Keeping a strong, dedicated customer base seems essential, too.

TomB

“Within its Wizards segment, Hasbro continues to destroy customer goodwill by trying to over-monetize its brands.” — Bank of America

Never thought I would see a company slapped by an investor, analyst, or investor for trying to increase profits. You are seriously doing it wrong for this to happen.
The math is wrong; they’re killing a half-billion assest for 100 million dollars, which is throwing away 400 million.

If they could squeeze out a half billion it would be the “correct” business play. But the money ain’t there.

Remove ads