Hate-watching Cursed on Netflix

rgoodbb

Adventurer
Warrior Nun was a little better than Cursed for us, but not by much. We watched one and decided that if desperate we could possibly watch a couple more.

Hussar

Legend
I thought Warrior Nun was a riot. Very Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Some (ok, not exactly jaw dropping surprise) twists and decent action. Needed more demon killing though.

She’s not competent in the situation and its already established she doesnt know how to control her powers.

Has it though? In the very same episode, she uses her powers to cheat at a rigged game of dice. This implies that she does have control over her powers.

I thought Warrior Nun was a riot. Very Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Some (ok, not exactly jaw dropping surprise) twists and decent action. Needed more demon killing though.

Buffy is a pretty high bar though, are you sure? Because Buffy had lots of clever plots and witty dialogue. What I've seen of Warrior Nun does not seem to come close to that. I'm willing to give it a try though.

Last edited:

Hussar

Legend
Has it though? In the very same episode, she uses her powers to cheat at a rigged game of dice. This implies that she does have control over her powers.

Buffy is a pretty high bar though, are you sure? Because Buffy had lots of clever plots and witty dialogue. What I've seen of Warrior Nun does not seem to come close to that. I'm willing to give it a try though.

Early days still. I mean, let's compare apples to apples shall we? First season of Buffy? Not exactly the highest of bars. Give it some time.

MarkB

Legend
That's where I left it, too. So far, haven't been sufficiently tempted / bored to try a second episode.

Remove ads