Hawkeye Disney+ Limited Series (spoilers)

Bolares

Hero
There os
Ant-Man 3 should take place after Hawkeye, if the rumors of Kate being in the movie end up being correct. Hawkeye is a little over two years after Endgame. Also, a third actress was cast to play Cassie in Ant-Man 3 to keep up with the aging of the character.
a third Cassie? That makes me think even more that there will be stature

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I can't believe it didn't hit me what Jacque's name was until episode 4. Just started watching last week and apparently end of semester grading and deadlines have killed my brain. (I did catch the name of one of her classmates in episode 1 at least).

Ryujin

Legend
I can't believe it didn't hit me what Jacque's name was until episode 4. Just started watching last week and apparently end of semester grading and deadlines have killed my brain. (I did catch the name of one of her classmates in episode 1 at least).
I think that you can be forgiven if you had only read the name before and not heard it pronounced.

Stalker0

Legend
The ice packs scene does a great job of communicating how much Clint is too old for this naughty word without saying the deadly words.
This is the part I think they are really getting right with hawkeye, he actually FEELS like the mortal avenger. In Black Widow, nat was basically a superpowered solider under the "guise" of a mortal.

The rooftop scene was interesting if a bit slow paced (and maya must have had some bad ass body armor). Also what was up with those weak as hell stingers? Nat's stingers could slow down the Black Panther, and these barely slowed down Clint or Maya. Hehe I laughed that Yelena couldn't shut up in the Black Widow movie, and now she is back to stone faced killer.

While I am still liking Kate, her attitude is starting to bother me. She has messed up way too many times in these last few days to still be this cocky... she says she understands the stakes, but she is still walking through this like she is in a video game.

darjr

I crit!
Sorry for not reading this thread before posting. Apologies. I’m not caught up. But apparently there is a D&D cameo in Hawkeye.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
This is the part I think they are really getting right with hawkeye, he actually FEELS like the mortal avenger. In Black Widow, nat was basically a superpowered solider under the "guise" of a mortal.

The rooftop scene was interesting if a bit slow paced (and maya must have had some bad ass body armor). Also what was up with those weak as hell stingers? Nat's stingers could slow down the Black Panther, and these barely slowed down Clint or Maya. Hehe I laughed that Yelena couldn't shut up in the Black Widow movie, and now she is back to stone faced killer.

While I am still liking Kate, her attitude is starting to bother me. She has messed up way too many times in these last few days to still be this cocky... she says she understands the stakes, but she is still walking through this like she is in a video game.
Yeah I agree while it was a cool way to introduce comic book accorate Yelena her stingers were way underpowered (and red) and Kate was way too component against both Echo and a Black Widow assasin (although I have heard at least one theory that might account for it and Yelena shaking her head as a warning not to get involved).

I didnt mind Yelenas different characterisation compared to the movie - that one was her interacting with her 'family', recalling her little sister vibe, in Hawkeye she is on a revenge mission, she's trained to maintain her cool.

Also heard a really mindblowing theory from Grace Randolph (Beyond the Trailer) about who the owner of the Watch might be. If its correct then extra kudos for the writers laying it in.

Sorry for not reading this thread before posting. Apologies. I’m not caught up. But apparently there is a D&D cameo in Hawkeye.
if its the one theyve already done then Roleplaying yes, but not necessarily DnD (and over at least 3 episodes too)

Last edited:

rozgarth

Explorer
The D&D reference is the poster of the cover of the 5e Player’s Handbook hanging on the wall in the background of the apartment where Kate is trying on her “Viking” costume and where Clint comes to pick up the trick arrows.

pukunui

Legend
I knew they were just going to tease us with Yelena! I hope she gets to say something in the next episode.

Kate’s mom is still suss.

I want to know what’s so important about Tony’s old watch.

I didn’t realise that Clint’s wife had anything to do with his “job”. Interesting that she’s basically his “man in the chair”, to quote Spider-Man.

Remove ads