D&D 5E Healer feat

jodyjohnson

Adventurer
I like that this thread was the year before launch during the playtest. The devs stuck to their guns - left in the damage language of hit point reduction. And then paired it with super easy hit point replenishment as the default.

To do 'simulation' with the game you kind of need to mess with one side or the other (World sim or Narrative sim). The game almost requires that you house rule it for sim from either side. I'm on the HP as luck side so I house rule the 'damage' language. HP as meat wants to house rule the HP recovery side. And that is fine.

Given the dilemma of choosing a side, they chose neither. Neither side won, but then neither side really lost.

They went this middle road with many of the great divisions between players - with the 'losers' being those that absolutely refuse to house rule and expecting the game to more thoroughly match their preferences. Some still complaining 4 years later that they didn't get their way. No one 'got their way' 100%. "5e: My Way" takes about 3 pages of house rules. Some have more, many have less.

schnee

First Post
I didn't notice the necro. Hilarious!

At my table, my Druid is a SoCal stoner.

When I use Guidance, I wave my hand and say 'Be Excellent.' Thunderwave's verbal component is 'Rock and ROLL!'. Healing Word is 'Walk it OFF, dude.'

I want to get this feat and hand out Red Bulls and Slim Jims.

Remove ads