• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heirs to the Burning Thrones

Lady Shatterstone

First Post
Goddess FallenAngel said:
“Nafeesa, I noticed that you have a way with animals, far beyond my own – would you assist me in taking care of Steamcloud?” *Shalah gestures to a solid white camel.* “People, I can handle – but I fear I have no experience or training with animals….”

*Nafeesa is startled by the mention of her name. She looks up to see the two pampered women standing over her. She rises and bows to the lovely ladies.*

" I would be honored to help with the care of such a magnificent animal. My dear friends' needs are taken care of, I shall head over to Steamcloud in a moment." She bows again to the women, keeping her eyes down as their beauty is a little overwhelming.

"Thank you." *Shalah smiles brightly at Nafeesa.*
"I should probably learn to care for him... since at the moment, I am lacking the servants that usually did, and I cannot ask you, as another heir, to do so on your own."
*She turns to Samira.* "I will join you in a bit, dear one."
*She walks to Steamcloud to await Nafeesa.*

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Samira: Flamekissed Half-Nymph/Female (Gestalt: Unfettered/Rogue/Seductress)

* With a small smile Samara accepts Shalah’s dismissal and walks over to the others, Shalah wasn’t the only one worried though Samara was more worried about the two of them surviving the trip across the desert. *

Drawing near Jibril and Abdul-Hadid she listens to their words before adding her own, her face shows the nervousness that she feels, “I’m sure your value is far greater than mine but I’m here to help in any way possible…”

Lady Shatterstone

First Post
Goddess FallenAngel said:
"Thank you." *Shalah smiles brightly at Nafeesa.*
"I should probably learn to care for him... since at the moment, I am lacking the servants that usually did, and I cannot ask you, as another heir, to do so on your own."
*She walks to Steamcloud to await Nafeesa.*

*Nafeesa turns back to Adham and Dahad smiling.*
"Well my dears, looks like I am needed for a while. Will you two be alright?"
She asks sweetly, as both animals let out a sigh and nod their heads.

*Nafeesa walks over to where Shalah is stand with Steamcloud.*
"I was thinking about what you said about Steamclouds care. I would be more then happy to help you learn about his needs... and if you need me to take care of him till you are completely comfortable it is no trouble my companions would enjoy the extra company, as would I." She offers shyly.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*The time can be passed the rest of the day in learning, laughing, loving, and lunching. Slowly the sun sets, with dinner appearing as mysteriously as before. Breakfast is there the next morning before sunrise, along with a path laid out in black sand that indicates the direction through the white buildings.*

*Any last-minute preparations before setting off into the scortching desert? Or delaying until nightfall?*

rangerjohn

Explorer
Abdul-Hadid Human/Genie-kin Scout

"How many here can see at night? *Atlas asks raising his own hand. "If there are enough of us who can, it will be better to travel at night. It will be significantly cooler, which will help us conserve water, thus increasing our chances of survival."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Jibril a'Mussan (Human, Windwalker)

Abdul said:
"How many here can see at night?"

"Sadly, I am lacking the ability to see as well at night as in the day," Jibril stated. "I humbly request that you not decide to travel by day purely on my account. I would not risk the success of the quest on one poor man's inability to see at night."

"If we are attacked in the night . . . and the opponents are near,"
Jibril added, "I will give a good accounting of myself in your defenses."

Dark Nemesis

First Post
"I also cannot see in the dark," Tariq added. "However, I can help provide light to illuminate our path. I agree that it would be wise to travel at night." As he spoke, he checked to make sure that Aliyy was well.

Last edited:

Lady Shatterstone

First Post
*After seeing to Shalah's camel Nafeesa headed back to the pavilion for some food and drink. She over hears some of the others trying to deciecd when to leave. Coming to stand beside Tariq she offers up help for the group.*

" I am able to see fairly well in the dark. I am also able to prove a soft light to travel by." she says shyly

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Suhayb and Omran turn to Jibril to discuss their journey.*

"I agree to travel at night, the moon will light our path easily enough," Suhayb points out. "And the sooner we get going, the better. I wouldn't bet that this oasis is easy to find or through endless wastes. Five gold says we're going to have to either battle, evade, or charm our way through packs of jackles and ronus, bands of human and jackelmen bandits, and spirits of the dead," Omran points out, punching one stone-like fist into another.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads