Help for the Environment rules for a Black Hole 3.5E/PF1

It also gives the immortals and sidereals a chance to know something isn't quite right when the environment becomes hostile towards them the same way bacteria would know we were aware of them and taking antibiotics.
Yeah man, I actually really like this idea. I do something similar when a god invades another god's realm, the god's Divine Bonus applies as a debuff on all opponent's actions, saves, checks, and rolls. Additionally any natural immunity ceases to function if the God is hostile towards you.

There could be:

Terrestrial Hazards: Volcano High temperatures, Arctic Freezing Temperatures, Sea Trench Pressures, Lightning Storms
Gods+: Immune, Godlings: Resistant

Stellar Hazards: Surface of the Sun, Outer Space, Extreme Pressure Environments (Planetary/Stellar cores), Heavy Gravity, Cosmic Storms
Sidereals+: Immune, Gods: Resistant

Dimensional Hazards: Black Holes, Worm Holes, Quasars, Gamma Rays, Time Storms
Demiurge+: Immune, Sidereals: Resistant (a black hole might be used to imprison a sidereal with the high EMF essentially functioning as dead-magic zones).

Universal Hazards: Big Bang (planck) effects, Tears in Reality, Cosmic Cysts, Star Plagues, Collapsing Space
Time Lords+: Immune, Demiurge: Resistant

Multiversal Hazards: Probability Crack, Logic Paradox, Anti-Maxim
Supernals: Immune, Time Lords: Resistant
So I've been trying to get some more information on these various Multiversal Hazards and what they are. I think I am going to use some of them for upcoming creations. Would you mind defining Cosmic Cysts, Star Plagues, Probability Crack, Logic Paradox, and Anti Maxims please? Thank you much.

Hey Beefermatic amigo! :)

So I've been trying to get some more information on these various Multiversal Hazards and what they are.

I made them up, so you have come to the right place.

I think I am going to use some of them for upcoming creations. Would you mind defining Cosmic Cysts, Star Plagues, Probability Crack, Logic Paradox, and Anti Maxims please? Thank you much.

I can give you my brief thoughts on them, hopefully I will get to define them properly in the future

Cosmic Cyst: 8d growth attached to the 9th dimension corrupting multiple realities, a bit like blowing glass, except the surface of the Kuvachim is being warped and twisted. Detaching the cyst might ultimately cause the birth of a Fractal Wraith.

Star Plague: A dark energy 'disease' that would infect stars causing them to revert to nebulae, diffuse and spread out infecting other stars. So stars would seemingly pop out of existence and this would create something akin to a supervoid in space. Might be home to Dark Energy "Geists".

Probability Crack: 9 Dimensional Crack (likely caused by someone trying to penetrate the 9th Dimension or 9d collisions) leading to localized areas of improbability and the longer you stay there the more improbable the outcomes (ie. what are the chances a Goblin could kill a Time Lord).

Logic Paradox: Basically a metaphysical 'Pit' a being like a Time Lord could find themselves in. Solve a puzzle to escape (e.g. get the player to solve a Rubik's cube or stay trapped). :D

Anti-Maxim: 10th-dimensional echo that resonates within a pocket of 8th/9th dimensional space. For example "all hits count as misses and all misses count as hits/all saves are fails and all fails are saves, etc.).

Working on a few Omniversal Hazards as well.

I can give you my brief thoughts on them, hopefully I will get to define them properly in the future

Cosmic Cyst: 8d growth attached to the 9th dimension corrupting multiple realities, a bit like blowing glass, except the surface of the Kuvachim is being warped and twisted. Detaching the cyst might ultimately cause the birth of a Fractal Wraith.

Star Plague: A dark energy 'disease' that would infect stars causing them to revert to nebulae, diffuse and spread out infecting other stars. So stars would seemingly pop out of existence and this would create something akin to a supervoid in space. Might be home to Dark Energy "Geists".

Probability Crack: 9 Dimensional Crack (likely caused by someone trying to penetrate the 9th Dimension or 9d collisions) leading to localized areas of improbability and the longer you stay there the more improbable the outcomes (ie. what are the chances a Goblin could kill a Time Lord).

Logic Paradox: Basically a metaphysical 'Pit' a being like a Time Lord could find themselves in. Solve a puzzle to escape (e.g. get the player to solve a Rubik's cube or stay trapped). :D

Anti-Maxim: 10th-dimensional echo that resonates within a pocket of 8th/9th dimensional space. For example "all hits count as misses and all misses count as hits/all saves are fails and all fails are saves, etc.).

Wow okay then awesome. I really appreciate it UK. Thanks man.

These are literally crazy to conceptualize. I really like these.

Bootlebat

Explorer

How would you "disable" said hazards? I was thinking they would have relatively low hp, but only be vulnerable to expression of power (and maybe a few other things.)

Wow okay then awesome. I really appreciate it UK. Thanks man.

No thanks necessary amigo, have fun with them. :giggle:

These are literally crazy to conceptualize. I really like these.

I'll have a few more in the book. As noted I added a "Kosmos" chapter which details (in a few pages) Byss, Far Realm, 8th, 9th & 10th dimensions plus 3 new dimensions. These will have encounters*, hazards, inhabitants etc.

*admittedly there will be no stats for many of the potential encounters (I can only do so much in one book) but I'll describe them enough that in the event I don't get to do a follow up book at least people can 'home brew' their own versions.

I'll have a few more in the book. As noted I added a "Kosmos" chapter which details (in a few pages) Byss, Far Realm, 8th, 9th & 10th dimensions plus 3 new dimensions. These will have encounters*, hazards, inhabitants etc.

*admittedly there will be no stats for many of the potential encounters (I can only do so much in one book) but I'll describe them enough that in the event I don't get to do a follow up book at least people can 'home brew' their own versions.
Nice that's awesome! I look forward to reading it.

Bootlebat

Explorer

What are the 3 new dimensions?

Remove ads