• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me name my store

Dargurd

First Post
My wife is always commenting that my friends and I are playing silly games at the weekend. The name has kinda stuck so now thats what we all call them.

So... how about

Silly Games

Fast Learner

First Post
jezter6 said:
The only other shop in the area is called the Game Studio, so I'm not gonna be able to put any "game" in it without offending them, which is fine.

Hmm. I think you're really missing out if you don't put the word "game" or something similar in the name. If there was only one hardware store in town, they had the word "hardware" in their name, and you were starting a new hardware store, would you work to keep the word "hardware" out of it? How about if the only other book store had the word "book"?

Seriously, being able to immediately figure you what you do is extremely important for your name, whether it's on the store, in the phone book (for heaven's sake), listed as a donor to a charity, in the url of your website, or what have you. If you have the word "game" or some variation in your name you'll be able to take advantage of it all the time. Otherwise you'll just be making people guess.

In my town we have the Game Depot, Gamer's Edge, Waterloo Games, and about 15 other game stores, all but about 1 or 2 of which have the word "game" in their names.

No one is pissed at the others for being sensible.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Fast Learner said:

Hmm. I think you're really missing out if you don't put the word "game" or something similar in the name. If there was only one hardware store in town, they had the word "hardware" in their name, and you were starting a new hardware store, would you work to keep the word "hardware" out of it? How about if the only other book store had the word "book"?

Seriously, being able to immediately figure you what you do is extremely important for your name, whether it's on the store, in the phone book (for heaven's sake), listed as a donor to a charity, in the url of your website, or what have you. If you have the word "game" or some variation in your name you'll be able to take advantage of it all the time. Otherwise you'll just be making people guess.

In my town we have the Game Depot, Gamer's Edge, Waterloo Games, and about 15 other game stores, all but about 1 or 2 of which have the word "game" in their names.

No one is pissed at the others for being sensible.

I am in total agreement. And, it's an easy thing to add. You can call it whatever you like, just add to the end "A Game Store". For example, if you choose "Play All Day" Make it "Play All Day, a Game Store". You can even put the "A Game Store" in smaller letters below the main name. But it should be there. Your local chinese food place does not think twice about calling themselves "Changs Chinese Cuisine" instead of just "Changs". You also should not care (nor will your competition, not that you should care about bothering your competition).

ced1106

Explorer
Tempted to suggest "Jezter6's Games", with a d6 in the "six" part of the title. As Fast Learner says, you should put "game" in the title of your store to denote the product you're selling. Jezter6 is close enough to "Jester" for people to understand the connotation of rpg's and traditional games, **but** isn't easy to spell. "Wizard's Workshop", to me, implies only rpg's.

Uh... Thought of changing your username handle to "Jester6 Games"?

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^

Florin

First Post
Well, you can always do what my former FLGS did, take the name from something sitting on the shelf. They became Mayhem Collectibles because of the blurb on the cover of an X-Men comic. (Mojo Mayhem!)

The Player's Game Shop?
The Stronghold Builder's Game Store? ;)
Unknown Games?
Exalted Games. :D

Remove ads