Help me Scott Rouse, you're my only hope...

Einan

First Post
Okay, I was a little miffed by the speed in which 4e was announced after 3.5. I was less than thrilled by the overuse of cool. I was not impressed by the marketing.

But I might be ready to embrace it. I like much of what I see coming out of Winter Fantasy.

But, Oh Scott Rouse and others at WOTC, there is one thing you must do if you want to make me love 4e...

You MUST make the bard cool.

No doubt. If you were to release a bard preview that make my beloved class fun to play again, I would be in your court. I would swallow the kool-aid. I would sing the fan-praises.

Oh please, oh please, make my bard cool.

That is all.

Einan

Saturday night, I played in a Dungeon Delve run by Chris Perkins.

Chris said, "I believe that, if you get the bard right, you will have 'solved' D&D."

I raised an eyebrow and asked, "So. Did you get the bard right?"

He grinned and replied, "Yes."

Lackhand

First Post
It's cool if he's late to the party, right? :)

My worry is that the bard will be awesome, but someone will stand up and say "OMG, look at that 'bard'! That is no 'bard'! That is a minstrelly-singy-person! I demand a real bard! 4e killed my baby!"

And then I will have to listen to them or add them to my mute list. :(

Einan

First Post
He can be as late as he needs to be, as long as he's cool. I get more grief from my gaming group when I play a bard than any time I DM and use any number of sad little D&D tropes. I love me the bard. I love his horrible singing and I love his random knowledge of strange and useless things. I just want him to be cool again.

Queen, I hope, oh I hope that Chris Perkins is right. It would be my fondestest D&D 4e wish.

Einan

Filcher

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
Saturday night, I played in a Dungeon Delve run by Chris Perkins.

Chris said, "I believe that, if you get the bard right, you will have 'solved' D&D."

I raised an eyebrow and asked, "So. Did you get the bard right?"

He grinned and replied, "Yes."

*laugh* He told us the same thing.

Cadfan

First Post
I need the druid, and I need it to be cool. I need it to be able to turn into some kind of predatory cat.

This isn't for me, I don't even care about druids. This is because my fiance wants to play one. And she is much more tolerant of me going off to play games for hours and hours at a time if she comes with me.

For the sake of my relationship, please release the druid soon.

Nymrohd

First Post
As Fallen Seraph said they already said the Bard was among the first classes to be done. I'd expect him on the second Dragon or something.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases