Help me Scott Rouse, you're my only hope...

Demigonis

First Post
Einan said:
But, Oh Scott Rouse and others at WOTC, there is one thing you must do if you want to make me love 4e...

You MUST make the bard cool.

No doubt. If you were to release a bard preview that make my beloved class fun to play again, I would be in your court. I would swallow the kool-aid. I would sing the fan-praises.

Oh please, oh please, make my bard cool.

Einan said:
He can be as late as he needs to be, as long as he's cool. I get more grief from my gaming group when I play a bard than any time I DM and use any number of sad little D&D tropes. I love me the bard. I love his horrible singing and I love his random knowledge of strange and useless things. I just want him to be cool again.

Wow, you really over-used the word "cool." ;)

Last edited:

Roland55

First Post
Scott_Rouse said:
Scoop

Bard nerfed in 4e, except for the totally broken El Mariachi build which now makes all other classes look like roadies among a rockstar.

Hmm. Roadies ... among a rockstar ... El Mariachi build ...

Sorry! Just getting my notes together.

<Wife tells me Antonio Banderas makes anything cooler.>

Xethreau

Josh Gentry - Author, Minister in Training
Scott_Rouse said:
Scoop

Bard nerfed in 4e, except for the totally broken El Mariachi build which now makes all other classes look like roadies among a rockstar.
I knew it! And I know what will happen next too! Everyone will want to play the power gamer race (kobolds on steroids) and take bard to make the band:

dragonforce_logo_L.jpg

Belorin

Explorer
Scott_Rouse said:
Scoop

Well kick those roadies in the *** and get the show on the road!

As you round a corner in the road you see the Monsters Of Rock approaching, they see you, the distance is 60 squares. Roll for initiative.

Bel

Irda Ranger

First Post
qstor said:
No the sword mage is....

Mike
You say that like it's mutually exclusive. What, only one class per CS book?

Bard might be in PHB2 though. They said that PHB2 would introduce Primal and Psionic, not that there wouldn't be any more Arcane, Martial or Divine classes. You can have both.

Irda Ranger

First Post
Whisperfoot said:
Scott, I hate to point this out, but soon after that image, two of the three of those bards were corpses..., and the one that wasn't clearly had epic levels in the Total Badass prestige class.
Well that's what happens when an Epic Bard with Badass Destiny takes his "merely" Heroic colleagues on an Epic quest with an equally Epic Defender to protect them. Lesson learned, OK?

Remove ads