D&D 5E Help with a simple exp system for 5E

I looked everywhere and for someone else to have already worked up a system like Paper and Pencils did here http://www.paperspencils.com/2011/10/22/pathfinder-house-rule-simple-experience-points/ but couldn't find anything.

I hate keeping track of exp but is seems to be VERY important to my players so I always look around for a simple system to use.

To be honest I thought about using that same system just cutting the number from 1-3rd in half but I wondered if one of you more math oriented guys had already taken a look at it.

I would like something based on what 5E did already (like the one above was for pathfinder) but I would be more than happy with anything even close.

Thanks for any help you guys can throw my way!

The lowest CR monster (1/8) is 25xp. Which is 5xp each to a party of 5 PCs. So you could divide xp in 5 and the math should all work out.

Or you can try the one from Pathfinder Society where each adventure is worth 1xp, and you need 3xp to level.
If you want to keep the 5e rate of advancement, you can have the PCs hit level 2 at 1 xp, level 3 at 2xp, level 4 at 3xp, and level 5 at 6xp (i.e. 1 adventure per level for levels 1-4, 3 for 5-10, and possibly 2 for 11-20).

SirAntoine

Banned
Banned
The simplest system is actually to let the players gather experience in between adventure, or in between big developments of a single adventure. There is still some book-keeping to be done, but your players will decide when they have had enough. At that point, you can just resume the adventure or continue gathering experience in the next session. The point is to let them tell you when they are ready to enter the dungeon or other awesome story you have prepared. Then during the adventure, no one will be really very concerned about their experience.

Remove ads