Help with pricing and naming this bow

kreynolds

First Post
Akhkharu said:
I need help on naming this bow, and to see if I figured the price correctly. I don't think I did.

+2 Mighty Composite Longbow +2 8700
Pass without a Trace (Constant) 2000
Tree Shape (1 hour/day) 6000

Thanks,
Akh

Your total price is 14,300. Treeshape was cheaper than you think. Want a breakdown or is it cool?

Also, I forgot to mention that all the powers were enchanted by a caster of minimum level, since you didn't specify. Tree Shape was the exception because I used the ranger spell level (3) instead of the druid spell level (2).

Last edited:

jontherev

First Post
names

Bow Diddley
Bow Flex
Bow Shaper
Bowood
Bow of the Hunter
Hunter's Bow of the Wood
Bow of the Inner Grove
Bow of the Secret Grove

Hope this helps. I like number 1 the most.:D

Akhkharu

First Post
Your total price is 14,300. Treeshape was cheaper than you think. Want a breakdown or is it cool?

Well, lets see if I got it right first.

Mighty Composite Longbow +2 300g
+2 weapon 8000 = (bonus (2) squared * 2000)
Pass Without a Trace 2000? = (spell level (1) x caster level (1) x 2000)
Tree Shape(1 hour/day) 1800 = ((spell level(3 - ranger) squared x 1000) / 5 (for charges per day))
for a grand total of...

Not the same = 300+8000+2000+1800

On second though, it might be best if you did give a breakdown, or is there better information on how to figure it out then the SRD?

kreynolds

First Post
Re: Cost..

bleedthefreak said:
I can't speak for the original poster, but I would like a breakdown of how that came to be the price (14k or so). If you could.

Thanks!

Sure. Here you go.

Tentatively named "Bow Didley" (God I love that name! LOL).

1) First of all, it's a mighty composite longbow.
Composite Longbow = +100gp
Mighty +2 = +300gp
Masterwork = +300gp
---------------------------------------------------------
Total for the bow itself = 700gp

2) It is a +2 weapon, that's the first enchantment.
+2 = 8,000gp
So far, our total for the entire bow is = 8,700gp

3) The second enchantment, Pass without Trace. This is a 1st level spell cast by a 3rd level spellcaster who has set the caster level to 1.
Pass without Trace = 2,000gp (spell level (1) x caster level (1) x 2,000gp (use-activated, unlimited charges, always on)
Now, our total for the entire bow is = 10,700

4) The third enchantment, Tree Shape. This is a 2nd level druid spell and a 3rd level ranger spell. I'm gonna go with the ranger on this one. So, we have a 3rd level spell cast by a 3rd level caster. But you can't set the caster level of a spell below what is necessary to cast the spell in the first place. So, this enchantment is useable once per day and will function for 3 hours.
Tree Shape = 3,600gp (spell level (3) x caster level (3) x 2,000gp (1/day, use-activated, unlimited charges)

If you are wondering about the price of this one, you get a discount because you can only use it so many times per day.
Now, our total for the bow is = 14,300

There you go. That's it. Any questions?

bleedthefreak

First Post
Pass without trace?

Shouldn't that cost double, since it is an extra power?

Since we are talking about enchanted bows..

How much for a bow (say a +2 unholy longbow) that can fire (3/day) an arrow that when it impacts a target sparks a Deeper Darkness spell, but one that only has a duratino of 1d4+1 rounds and a radius of 10'?

kreynolds

First Post
Re: Pass without trace?

bleedthefreak said:
Shouldn't that cost double, since it is an extra power?

Nope. Check out the DMG. Also, the formula they give in the DMG for Charges per Day items isn't so great. It is better illustrated in the Tome & Blood.

Remove ads