D&D 5E Here Are The Races In The New Eberron Book

According to WotC's Jeremy Crawford, the following eight races appear in Eberron: Rising from the Last War.

According to WotC's Jeremy Crawford, the following eight races appear in Eberron: Rising from the Last War.

ECWPIdDU4AIpBse.jpg

Official versions of previous playtest races: Warforged, Changelings, Kalashtar, Shifters.

Playable versions of: Goblins, Bugbears, Hobgoblins, Orcs.

He goes on to clarifiy that "The playable orc in "Eberron" is a bit different from the orc in "Volo's Guide to Monster's." The playable goblinoids in "Eberron" use the same traits as the ones in "Volo's."

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I like it although it sounds a bit like Pokémon ...

A bit more like enhancing their primal nature over time, less a flashy outwardly noticeable change. So, even better senses, greater speed and strength, greater natural weapon damage, etc, with a more extreme shift.

Like the Dragonmarked feats? That would be neat.

Yeah! If not in Exploring, in a future product.

Rhaazyk

Villager
I have played in this world for about 4 years now and I must say I love it. The fact that not everyone of a particular race is good or evil really lends a reality check to it when you realize that minotaur is only attacking people on the road because he wants to survive as much as the next guy, or not all paladins of the Silver Flame want to exterminate particular races, or not all changelings are thieves, you get an idea that this is more real than the original D&D games. I don't think you should be able to look at a red dragon and know that he is evil. Maybe he's the nicest guy in the world but if you attack him he's going to defend himself. It really adds flavor to the game. I've kind of been spoiled for the other settings where this isn't true. Kudos to the guy/girl who came up with this concept. It's been the best idea since the concept of the game.
And let's not forget the Dragonmarks. Those are a nice touch as are the wide variety of playable races.

gyor

Legend
I have played in this world for about 4 years now and I must say I love it. The fact that not everyone of a particular race is good or evil really lends a reality check to it when you realize that minotaur is only attacking people on the road because he wants to survive as much as the next guy, or not all paladins of the Silver Flame want to exterminate particular races, or not all changelings are thieves, you get an idea that this is more real than the original D&D games. I don't think you should be able to look at a red dragon and know that he is evil. Maybe he's the nicest guy in the world but if you attack him he's going to defend himself. It really adds flavor to the game. I've kind of been spoiled for the other settings where this isn't true. Kudos to the guy/girl who came up with this concept. It's been the best idea since the concept of the game.
And let's not forget the Dragonmarks. Those are a nice touch as are the wide variety of playable races.

Honestly Eberron is more extreme in that, BUT that kind of mentality has seeped into D&D as a whole over time, so it's not as unique as it used to be

Remove ads

Remove ads