D&D 5E Here Is The Full & Alternate Cover Art Of The Wild Beyond the Witchlight

Here is the cover art for The Wild Beyond the Witchlight, the hardcover D&D product revealed this weekend. Cover art by Tyler Jacobson Alternate cover by Hydro74 https://www.enworld.org/threads/two-new-d-d-books-revealed-feywild-strixhaven-mage-school.680500/

Here is the cover art for The Wild Beyond the Witchlight, the hardcover D&D product revealed this weekend.

wild_witchlight.jpg

Cover art by Tyler Jacobson

wild_witchlight_alt.jpg

Alternate cover by Hydro74

So how much non-adventure material will be included is a real question for me. I mean, I picked up Ghosts of Saltmarsh and used the scenarios during lockdown, but the sea rules I barely touched even though it was the main reason I bought the book. But now that I've run it, I'm debating if I still need the book on my shelf. (Space is a premium for me for physical media and I have the alt cover so it may have resale value)

So if say 30+ pages are dedicated to the feywild, with options for me as a DM and for PCs, then that sweet alt cover might convince me to pick this up, but if it's skint, I may skip it.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Displacer Beasts, Owlbears, and Phase Spiders (which were actually created by eladrin to fight against drow, believe it or not; I guess they wanted their own giant spider) were all creatures associated with the Feywild in 4E.

Ah. I don't have a lot of interest in 4e lore. So, that's not inspiring to me.

For D&D, I am similarly uninterested in the implied Victorian era style of dress on that guy with the pocket watch.

Weiley31

Legend
And upon reading the Deep Dive article on the Displacer Beast, as a kind soul posted earlier, 5E's Displacer Beast origins are indeed from the Feywild according to the Monster Manual. Specifically they were used by the Unseelie Court and hunted down via Blink Dogs from the Seelie Court. So Unseelie are cat people and Seelie are dog people basically. LMFAO.

Remove ads

Remove ads