D&D 5E Here Is The Full & Alternate Cover Art Of The Wild Beyond the Witchlight

Here is the cover art for The Wild Beyond the Witchlight, the hardcover D&D product revealed this weekend.

wild_witchlight.jpg

Cover art by Tyler Jacobson

wild_witchlight_alt.jpg

Alternate cover by Hydro74

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
For D&D, I am similarly uninterested in the implied Victorian era style of dress on that guy with the pocket watch.
I can't imagine it'd be hard to remove modern references from the adventure, unless there's a train involved. (Hey, it figures into Something Wicked This Way Comes, which would probably be worth a re-read before this comes out.)

If the carnival is just the level 1-4 set-up adventure, and the rest of it is more traditional fey stuff, running around an archfey's domain, the 19th century vibe is probably immaterial, since there are already low level fey adventures (including one from EN Publishing!) that could fill that gap.

Weiley31

Legend
Any ideas on what the fancy gentleman in the top hat is supposed to be?
It would be nuts, given that this book and the Ravenloft book are connected, if that would be the Gentleman Caller(or just the Gentleman in the 5E Ravenloft guide) that Isolde wants to destroy.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
It would be nuts, given that this book and the Ravenloft book are connected, if that would be the Gentleman Caller(or just the Gentleman in the 5E Ravenloft guide) that Isolde wants to destroy.
I certainly hope they're not going to insert a serial rapist into this adventure, which will likely be appealing to groups with younger players.

Cool Displacer beast, but i have been disappointed in the 5e version of this venerable creature. It is not much of a threat. To low an AC and weak displacement.

Hopefully they provide a advanced version.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Is THAT WHY they changed it from the "Gentleman Caller" to just "The Gentleman?
I'm honestly shocked they brought him forward. While he's definitely representative of a certain sort of ghost story, he's tough to fit in to official products aimed at all ages. If I were on the design team, I might just say "you know, Bluebeard's Bride is out there, and handles this stuff great" and leave it at that.

EDIT: WotC's official blurb for this book calls it "whimsical" and "for all ages." It's almost certainly not the Gentleman.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases