D&D 5E Here Is The Full & Alternate Cover Art Of The Wild Beyond the Witchlight

Here is the cover art for The Wild Beyond the Witchlight, the hardcover D&D product revealed this weekend.

wild_witchlight.jpg

Cover art by Tyler Jacobson

wild_witchlight_alt.jpg

Alternate cover by Hydro74

Last edited:

Weiley31

Legend
They need to dial back on some of the faux-Asian stereotypes. You can have honorable and disciplined inhuman warriors without cribbing from real world peoples to do it.
True. Which is why I lean more to the Klingons in Hobgoblin portrayal. But I love me some samurai and kung fu monks though. Or the Battle Nun.

imagineGod

Legend
A bit of a let down, this alternate cover when compared to the beautiful alternate Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft.

One looks like a student's graphic design project. The other like a classical painting that is setting appropriate.

Weiley31

Legend
A bit of a let down, this alternate cover when compared to the beautiful alternate Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft.

One looks like a student's graphic design project. The other like a classical painting that is setting appropriate.
I'll agree with you there in the aspect that if I had to choose which one to have an alternative cover or not, I would've preferred Strixhaven to have it instead of Witchlight.

But I guess Candlekeep's Alternative cover kinda took that sthick away so yeah.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
Those cover arts don't give me overt fey overtones

The Wild Beyond the Witchlight will be a wait for the post play reviews book for me... at best.

Last edited:

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
While I agree, besides the appearance of their armor, I always got more of a Roman Empire* vibe from them, more so than samurai.

*Roman Empire by way of Caesar's Legion in Fallout: New Vegas, really.

And I always thought it was more Uruk-hai inspired. Like bred for war. Of course, that was the backstory of Half-orcs in 4e, too…

jasper

Rotten DM
Strange, I like the regular cover this time instead of the Alt cover. Beyond is already taking preorders. But I am also getting a mad carnival theme than fey theme from the regular cover. But I should be done with Candlekeep before it comes out.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases