D&D 5E Here's Tasha's Contents Page

IGN has posted the contents page from Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, along with a slew of art.

Tashas-Cauldron-of-Everything_ToC_WM-720x949.jpg

They also spoke to WotC, who commented on some of the DM tools -- "The DM Tools chapter also includes rules and suggestions for what are being called "Supernatural Regions." These otherworldly locations include (among others) haunted realms where restless spirits wander freely, the Lovecraftian nightmare of a world beyond the known sphere of existence, or a delightfully horrifying colony of mimics." The Far Realm, which is outside the Great Wheel, is where beholders and illithids come from. They also note that there weren't many Unearthed Arcana subclasses which didn't make it into this book.

Tasha's Cauldron of Everything comes out on November 17th in America, and December 1st in Europe, Asia, and Pacific countries.

Last edited:

Some interesting things besides character options. I haven't done anything but DM in 3 decades so... PC options are interesting primarily as NPC ideas. And, some things just make me smile. 2 pages on "Parleying with Monsters". You mean people didn't know they could talk instead of fight :D ? And you need special rules for it? Something beyond circumstances, reactions and common sense? I expected rules (and feats) for everything in 3E not 5E. Hmmm ... Session 0... sidekicks... rules for those, ah well. For all these minor things there is a lot of things in the DMs tools that are interesting... artifacts, supernatural regions, magical phenomena, even natural hazards. I have my own takes on a lot of that but it's always good to see another version. Worth the money.

edit This looks interesting, but I am excited by Kevin Crawford's Worlds Without Number. I think that might end up being my ultimate DMs toolkit.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
I am really disappointed about the name change of the psionic soul back to the aberrant mind. I get that they were kind of overdoing X soul, but I wanted a variant of "psionic" somewhere in the title. Psionic mind would be fine.

I was digging the psi knight name, but psi warrior hearkens back to its origins as the psychic warrior. Also, they're getting a lot of X knight names.

Alas.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
There's a lot to love in this book.
Yay for all the subclasses, many I really liked.
I haven't read up on the Order of Scribes, but color me intrigued. And Bladesinger as any folk is :chef's kiss:.

Colony of Mimics? Sorry 'bout it players...

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
I know this was never really in the cards, but if they had just reprinted the Arcana Cleric in Tasha’s, I would finally have everything I liked from SCAG in non-SCAG books. Oh well.
That's for another sourcebook in the future—can't obviate SCAG just yet. ;)

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases